Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexa
Finally decided to take a shot at it. Currently in the developer.amazon.com section

Bit different now to deans instructions. Now has a configuration section. It wants an Endpoint. I selected AWS Lamda ARN, North america and stuck in my arn in the box provided.

Error: Please make sure that "Alexa Skills Kit" is selected for the event source type of arn:aws:

was the response. Any ideas anyone?
They keep changing stuff so much it's hard to keep up to date. It used to be the east coast one was the only one enabled for Echo support. I'm not sure what they are presenting as options now. Is there an east coast one?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I think it means under the Lamda Management Console you need to set Triggers to Alexa Skills Kit on your Lamda Function.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
That was it - thanks a million!!!
Is there a way to tell the status of the cqc web server - ports, run status etc? I've never had reason to use it before.
If you just want to test it, drop some simple image into the [cqc]\CQCData\HTMLRoot directory and access it via a web browser. If the file is foo.jpg, then it'll be in:

http://hostname/Foo.jpg

Assuming you installed our web server on the default port 80, else indicate the port you used. If you want to make sure that it has the ports you think, you can do (at a command line):

netstat -abn > ports.txt

That ports.txt file will show all the ports and who has them open. Search for CQCWebSrv.exe and see if it has the ports open that it should.

If you are going to be using the Echo stuff it would be well worth the time to get a security certificate and install that so that you can do an HTTPS connection from Amazon to your system.
Dean Roddey
Making progress. On tell CQC to load configuration file, I get what sounds like a CQC message. The cqc configuration file could not be loaded. Please check with CQC
And server sees foo.jpg Smile
So, my CQC system is in the Develop directory on drive C:

So my EchoCfg.Txt is in the /Develop/Server/Data/Echo/ directory.
Anything show up in the logs regarding loading the configuration? Paste the configuration file here as well. Put it in code tags to make it format correctly.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC and native Alexa (again) znelbok 5 1,625 09-27-2019, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Alexa Notifications EST 4 1,214 11-24-2018, 08:36 PM
  Alexa not working Ron Haley 4 1,872 07-24-2018, 03:47 PM
  Alexa can't load configuration mattheinrich 1 1,210 03-24-2018, 08:45 AM
  Alexa not working Ron Haley 6 2,726 03-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Alexa 'Routines' Dean Roddey 3 1,580 12-19-2017, 09:51 AM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Alexa/Echo: AWS/Lambda config of myCQCHandler test fails KenC 8 4,957 09-27-2017, 07:55 PM
  Alexa comming to the iPhone! pjgregory 5 3,155 03-17-2017, 10:05 AM
  Amazon email re Alexa interface? Ron Haley 5 3,636 03-14-2017, 02:40 PM
  Alexa/Echo companion app jkmonroe 2 2,295 08-22-2016, 08:04 AM
Last Post: potts.mike