Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fonts, mobile devices
Those of you here back in the day will remember we used to scour the 'net not just for images to use, but also fonts. I just found some fonts we used, but they don't render on Riva. I'm looking into options. Obviously for the main menu I could just generate an image but for the music screen that won't work. (I'm not committed to these particular fonts, just found dozens, figured i'd try one out first)

Anyone ever try adding fonts to a mobile device for the purposes of Riva?

[Image: pnQZCO0h.png]

[Image: xIgtVGhh.png]
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
You'd have to install them on the machine where the RIVA client is running. It still does the actual drawing so it needs the fonts. And they'd have to have exactly the same name.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
yeah i know, hence the question about if anyone has installed fonts on mobile devices.
I know in Apple land, the fonts are imbedded in the apps that use them. There are a few apps out there for both android and apple that allow you to load and expose fonts, but the use is limited and the font files take up lots of space. This is the problem with having an all in viewer that pulls its files locally vs from the server. Bring on HTML 5!

And a side note- I forgot how much I liked the Vlad backgrounds. Is that guy still around?
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
DaveB Wrote:And a side note- I forgot how much I liked the Vlad backgrounds. Is that guy still around?

yeah, he quit his job and is doing this fulltime. I just changed all my backgrounds to that. So much nicer than the generic apps.
I've installed a set of fonts on my android device back in the day. If I remember correctly, you simply dropped the font in the font directory (just like windows).

Edit - perhaps it's changed since I did it. I haven't followed these directions, but they seem pretty complete. http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-...-platform/

Edit2 - seems fonts are located at /system/fonts (probably have to be rooted to access it however. But I bet you can still just drop the .ttf files there.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ZWave / Add all devices or just as you need them? gReatAutomation 2 1,312 09-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  delete zwave devices? jkmonroe 8 5,123 05-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  2nd Google Hangout - More on Mobile Voice Control sic0048 31 11,846 08-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost
  Template / Overlay design for mobile device - Seeking experience input batwater 4 4,674 09-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Fonceur
  Options for CQC on Win CE Devices jmwhooper 1 1,804 11-11-2009, 11:17 AM
  Sim devices Tedp 0 1,311 07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Tedp
  Controlling devices that use HDMI-CEC cavalier240 4 3,259 09-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  DNV install in Windows Mobile 6 EST 2 1,553 01-17-2008, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Where can I find a list of supported IR devices? dloftis 2 1,824 12-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Last Post: dloftis
  PPC devices dman000000 8 2,702 12-06-2006, 02:36 PM