Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.1 (or 5.2) feature request: Search images
For the post 5.0 world, i'd like to request a 'search images' function. I know either I've uploaded or the system comes with certain images, but i'll be damned if I can find them. Having a simple search would be great. A result set with clickable links even better.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
You means just a by name search?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:You means just a by name search?

Yup. Very simplistic. The problem would be in how to display results, esp if there are multiple ones. A listing like M$ search function with "Open File Location" would be ideal, but I have no idea how hard that it.
I would assume it could just show you a preview upon request, as the image browser dialog does. Or, it could be a button on the image browser dialog, which upon selection from the search, would just expand out that selection in the tree and select it for you.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Or, it could be a button on the image browser dialog, which upon selection from the search, would just expand out that selection in the tree and select it for you.

That sounds pretty interesting. Just finding it is only 40% of the battle, 60% is navigating to it in order to select it.

For better or worse, I used the CQC auto-scaler thingey to change my templates from <x> to <y>. Then I changed it from <y> to <z>. Now my image folders are a freaking disaster as its buried under the new resolution. I'm slowly moving them to a root folder location but that takes serious time.
It has to create new images for each resolution, it can't modify the originals. So it's not really a good option for trying to permanently change the resolution, unless you are willing to keep the images where they get scaled to. Is that what you were trying to do?

The way the scaling is assumed to work is that you'd always work in the originals, which would never be modified by the scaling operations, and the scaled output would be throwaway stuff, replaced every time you rescale.

And it shouldn't allow you to try to output into a scope under the source scope, so as to avoid any possibility of overwrite or deletion of the originals.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:It has to create new images for each resolution, it can't modify the originals. So it's not really a good option for trying to permanently change the resolution, unless you are willing to keep the images where they get scaled to. Is that what you were trying to do?

The way the scaling is assumed to work is that you'd always work in the originals, which would never be modified by the scaling operations, and the scaled output would be throwaway stuff, replaced every time you rescale.

And it shouldn't allow you to try to output into a scope under the source scope, so as to avoid any possibility of overwrite or deletion of the originals.

No, I understand why it's written the way it is. It's that by doing it twice in a row I have a disaster to clean up. The search will help.
Oh, so you scaled the scaled stuff? It would definitely be better to go back to the originals and rescale those in that sort of case. Unless, I guess, you made the originally scaled ones your working stuff and started modifying those.
Dean Roddey
Have you looked at something like Zebra as a user interface. Sits on top of html5, distributed under the Apache license.

http://www.zebkit.com/
One issue with all of those types of things, for the IV's purposes, is that the IV is almost completely graphical. So it's the opposite of a normal UI, which most of these types of things are oriented towards. We have no need of check boxes, tree controls, list boxes, etc... in their standard sort of forms. They'll almost never be flexible enough to support all of the graphical options that the IV supports. That makes all of them sort of iffy.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FEATURE] Event Run Action simplextech 4 1,802 01-09-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  [REQUEST] Z-Wave Devices simplextech 2 1,095 01-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  The server did not reply to the 'rset' request indygreg 3 2,173 07-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  unable to scroll in overlay if Trans Background set to True... is this a feature? greymatter 1 1,522 09-22-2017, 11:27 AM
  Marantz V2 Driver Feature Request zra 21 11,218 07-06-2017, 10:02 AM
  Future feature request: The ability to lock an action ghurty 1 1,965 05-04-2017, 07:02 PM
  Weather images vanished pjgregory 1 2,274 12-31-2016, 08:18 AM
Last Post: khill
  Wife Request - Ideas and Thoughts jkmonroe 10 6,396 12-30-2016, 02:46 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  picky images in interface editor. What the heck?? bbrendon 2 2,167 12-10-2016, 12:33 PM
  ctrl-a doesnt work in the search field bbrendon 2 2,269 11-21-2016, 09:54 PM