Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to find Elk ID for V2 Driver?
I must be missing something. Where do I see what the Elk ID is to put in the V2 version of the driver?

Thank you
That's info you'd get from the Elk. When you set up the various bits in the Elk RP software, you assigned them particular ids.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Im logged into ElkRP now, so that would be 1 for area one? and 009 for zone 9?

THanks
Yeh, those are the ones. In the old driver it just named everything automatically with simple, fixed names using the id numbers. In the new one you should give them more meaningful names of course, so instead of Zone009, it should be more like "Kitchen_Motion" or the like.
Dean Roddey
Thank you, I knew it must have been something simple that i was missing.
Quick question. I added Area 1., Reloaded it and now it is showing up in the field browser. Hower, I am trying to change the field of SEC#Area_MainArmMode (which is currently off) but change fld is greyed out. Weren't we used to be able to do that? (sorry I am rebuilding my system from scratch and am a bit rusty).

Thank you
To arm an area you would use the InvokeCmd field and pass it the arm command. The driver docs for the Elk V2 document the format of the commands.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/ExtCont...lkM1V2.htm

Though actually that particular command is part of the Security device class. You'll see a list of device classes the Elk implements on the driver page. Look at the security one for standard V2 security functionality that all V2 security drivers would implement.
Dean Roddey
Got it, I have it sort of working now, but with something interesting.

I go put ArmArea: Main, Away, 1111
It counts down and arms
I then put ArmArea: Main, Off, 1111
Gives me an error that Value rejected
I the put ArmArea: Main, Stay, 1111
And it goes to off

Or

I go put ArmArea: Main, Stay, 1111
It counts down and arms
I then put ArmArea: Main, Off, 1111
Gives me an error that Value rejected
I the put ArmArea: Main, Stay, 1111
And it goes to off

With some more testing, if I activate it, then try run the same command again to activate it again, it shuts off. But if it is activated and I run off, then it doesnt accept it

Thank you
You can't use Off to disarm. You have to use the DisarmArea command to do that. That should probably be more carefully pointed out in the Security device class docs. It's well documented in the developer's docs for creating drivers that use the Security device class, but not really in the user type docs.
Dean Roddey
That works. Perfect, thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 91 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Variable Action "Find" command or alternate Shaky 3 246 11-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 230 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 768 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,606 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 1,704 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,341 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,009 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 10,122 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Timers Driver / Field Time Image / Seconds gReatAutomation 1 924 03-16-2020, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey