Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wakeup Routine
as long as i could create more than 1, it doesn't matter to me.

i say pop it out as quickly as you can

:-D
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
Well, it's a bit heavy to just run one light if you are going to do more than a couple.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
each bedside light dims up, so that's 2 in the master. we don't do it currently, but I had plans to do something similar in my son's room, which makes 3.

overall, it would be incredibly awesome to have this functionality in an easy to use setup. for example, it runs M-F but not on Sa/Su. or maybe extend it to an evening routine as well, so starting at 9PM, dim the lights down over the course of the next 2 hours.

obviously i dont know what it takes on the backend, so if its a larger undertaking that needs to wait in order to get it right, id say wait.

:-D
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
It seems like it should be in the action editor.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
IVB Wrote:Do you want to vary the time based on day?

I wonder if there's a different iOS alarm clock app that can call a URL as well as sound the alarm. You could use that as a trigger to tell CQC to do the same actions.
There is a "tweak" for this. I think it's called wake info 2? I forget , I haven't used it in a long time. It requires your phone to be jailbroken
--Kill all the serial ports--
Don't forget to add Ramp Down as well. Not everything ramps up. I regularly ramp the lights down as well - like every night when I go to bed a ramp off over 12 seconds.

Also, not every ramp is from max to min or min to max. As part of lighting scene control you may want to ramp from x to y over z seconds so the desired level should be specified as well. e.g. to 50% over 15 seconds (from whatever level it is now)
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Did anything come of this?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
One thing to keep in mind is that it's not going to stop. Once you tell it to start ramping, it's going to keep going because it doesn't know to stop. If it was done via the Logic Server then there's a driver that could take a command to start a ramp and to stop a ramp. But with an event monitor it would just keep going. I guess it could be set up with a field to monitor in, say the variables driver or something, that could be used to stop the ramping.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum