Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security video with CQC
OK, how about week after next?
Maybe a bit longer than that. It'll need to be post-5.0.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
What about edge - does it want to download a file?

How does Edge fit in with CQC's future. I would expect MS will can internet Explorer somewhere in the near future so a solution will need to be found anyway.

An RSTP widget would be ideal though - Video camera integration into CQC is a popular configuration and it all depends on ie and its handling of the stream. (what about media player integration?)

A search for RSTP in ie yields a few results - looks like VLC and activeX are needed
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20398...tsp-stream
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
MS chooses what browser is available as the embedded browser for any given Windows version. I would assume at some point they'll either just replace it with Edge, or provide some new option to choose IE or Edge for some interrim period.
Dean Roddey
I would like to encourage other CQC users to reply to this if you feel that it's appropriate. In my opinion, viewing security cameras in an HA solution is very important and something CQC needs a strong solution for. BTW, I'm a huge supporter of CQC and Dean, and have been using CQC for my personal system as well as for commercial users. I just think this is something that needs to be addressed.
I agree that security cameras are important, but no one has been complaining about it really, so I assumed that most folks aren't having any big issues on this front so far.

But, regardless, it has to be post 5.0 since there's no way I can put 5.0 off even further to take on another big change.
Dean Roddey
I have not complained because it was something that was an ie issue and not a CQC issue.

There has always been the hassle of creating a HTML page that has the video in it and then serving that up with the CQC web server. Sometimes you can do it from a direct stream, but its always a lot of work.

Given an option, then I would much prefer integrated support in CQC.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
I've also worked around by creating local web pages etc. Would be nice to have better options for camera streaming.
Won't the coming html5 fix this?
Not in and of itself, necessarily. It's also just stuff running in a web browser. The 'web widget' won't be a separate window anymore I guess, just some HTML widget. But it may well use the same mechanisms that the embedded browser does, I dunno.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door locks and door video rhosch 24 1,480 11-07-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: rhosch
  WebRIVA, domains, Security Certs IVB 56 11,288 12-16-2018, 08:33 PM
Last Post: IVB
  New tutorial video Dean Roddey 2 1,189 11-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Video Widget znelbok 67 27,850 04-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Off topic security question rtarver 2 1,799 10-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  Load personal video files into repository? brathnach 7 3,314 05-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Last Post: wuench
  Set up a hardware DVD video library yarwoob 15 8,746 04-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Error about Security Server George M 3 1,778 11-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Icons for Security Status? rbroders 0 1,684 07-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Intercom / IP video surveillance WilliamHorton 6 3,147 06-11-2010, 03:20 AM
Last Post: standon