Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrating phone "alarm" with CQC TTS without taRiva
Assuming I can figure out how to get Sonos TTS working, i'd like to have a simple way of setting/changing time on my phone for a daily wakeup. I literally never snooze, so just the TTS is fine.

If I was content using CQC screens this would be trivial but taRiva has massive connectivity and hence stability issues and I dislike it only slightly less than the VRUSB.

I'm trying to think of a way without using taRiva to know what time the daily wakeup is set for, and to change it.

I have a few ideas, but i'd rather not list them here lest I bias your thinking. Anyone have any thoughts?
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
I was going to post a smart and amusing but non-helpful comment, but then I decided against it due to the fact that I could not think of one amusing enough...
hope that helps...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
There is always the webserver.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
Dude, you're the Alexa pro. Use that! Smile
(yes, I know you said with your phone, but someone already said web client).

One other ridiculous idea. NFC tags. Put your phone on the tag (or tag on phone) in which represents the time to wake up.
--Kill all the serial ports--
IVB Wrote:Assuming I can figure out how to get Sonos TTS working, i'd like to have a simple way of setting/changing time on my phone for a daily wakeup. I literally never snooze, so just the TTS is fine.

request ---> Alexa -> CQC -> EventGhost -> AutoRemote ->Tasker -> <do request> -> Tasker -> AutoRemote-> EventGhost -> CQC -> Sonos / Alexa <say result> (this by the way stays on internal network, no cloud required if done correctly)

You said you wanted simple. In order to simplify and solve you must make the underlying solution more complex than picking your phone up and looking at it, just saying...

All kidding aside, once a framework like this is set up you have 2 way I/O & automation between your phone and the home automation system.

As aside, there is a Tasker enabled alarm app called Gentile Alarm that I'm going to use to trigger stuff to happen when the alarm goes off. e.g. turn on hue to soothing wake up color, turn on music, turn on flat screen to present weather, outdoor camera, <name your thing>....
Sorry, not using alexa either. I want the ability to set this at midnight or so when the wife is asleep next to me.

I wouldn't agree with the "make underlying solution more complex than picking phone up" as it takes several attempts and swear words to get taRiva to connect. I don't know how to set up command buttons in the webserver, hoping to not need to learn. Maybe once there's an HTML5 client i'll see what that takes.

I should look into EventGhost. That Gentile Alarm seems pretty interesting, I could have my alarm go off on the phone and then have TTS be triggered.
The "Gentile Alarm"? :-)
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I'm not sure if you trying to get info from your phone to CQC or the other way around?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
gentle,already found it. screwing around now...
Dean Roddey Wrote:I'm not sure if you trying to get info from your phone to CQC or the other way around?

Actually gentle alarm might do the trick, I want to have TTS kicked off as my alarm. I also want to look at my phone and see when the alarm is. I was initially thinking CQC events but this is a tasker plugin so if it can call a URL on wakeup then it'll be alarm sound+TTS which is also cool.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GE Z-Wave Outdoor Switch / Garage Door / Alarm gReatAutomation 0 990 06-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  taRiva cxn issues = maybe changing equipment to a dual-usage approach IVB 20 6,736 01-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  iOS: Do <x> when phone in range? IVB 5 2,644 09-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Integrating Blue Iris web browser ysualum 14 8,307 12-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: batwater
  How I dropped my Phone service with an Obi110 sic0048 22 18,175 11-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Integrating Google Glass with CQC IVB 8 3,740 07-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Flash house lights on alarm Trioxide 7 3,283 01-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Trioxide
  Can't Phone Home anogee 3 1,698 08-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  ELK Burglar Alarm and CQC gacevich 1 1,469 11-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Using One Cat5 for Phone & RS-232l to DTV Box kblagron 3 1,949 03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost