Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Configure SmartThings as Primary ZWave Controller
(07-22-2019, 01:10 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: The downside of ST is that it doesn't know it's just a master controller, so it's going to be banging on the devices as well, assuming it is the automation controller. Given that Z-Wave is touchy enough, the Leviton software has the benefit of being completely passive and just a master controller.

I have a ST V3 Hub and don't see much traffic from the ST Hub.
here is a Z-wave packet trace from the ST Hub to one device.
Not sure if this is true for all versions of the ST hub but looks like a Poll time of 15 minutes for each device.
Device 1 is ST hub
Device 10 is my is Living room light
Device 24 is my front porch light

[Image: o6a0xHr.jpg]
Doesn't look too bad. One thing that may also be an issue is that not a lot but too many Z-Wave devices only have one association slot. Something that thinks it's the primary controller may decide that that belongs to him and take it over periodically as a way of automatically 'fixing' a problem in the network. Not sure if STs does that or not.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(05-14-2017, 08:16 AM)karenlee Wrote: Has anyone in the UK/EU figured out how to interface Smartthings with CQC?

Karen,
Was playing around with the new SmartThings V1 api   and it looks like we can pretty easily interface with Smartthings.

Link to other post:
Test SmartThings driver
Oh wow! I missed this somehow!

My server PC crashed last week - words can't adequately express how horrible my life is without CQC lol

Thankfully got everything back up, and just came to cruise here to see if anything interesting has transpired, and here it is! I will give the driver a whirl later - I actually pulled out my Smartthings hub some time ago as I didn't have a use for it.
Glad to see there is still some life on this forum. Like you, I don't think I could adequately live my life without CQC. About the only thing I would like to do automation wise right now is have my plantation blinds open and close, but haven't found a good way to motorize / automate that - alas I will have to do it manually.

Hope you are doing well Karen - are you still in London?

Blake
Hi - no we moved to Spain around 7 years ago.  Absolutely loving it, although this summer just gone was waaaay to hot and humid.  And you? Still in the same place?

So sad CQC didn't manage to stay afloat.  Today, I am trawling through the files as I think I am going to have to teach myself a bit of development. Currently just looking to see if I can stop the log filling up with: "Some fields of this driver got no initial values. Up to the first 8 are displayed:   ArtURL".  It looks like the Sonos driver has been set to expect an art image and if it doesn't find one, it puts out this message to the log.  So when I have a radio station selected, my log files fill up with an entry for each speaker.  I think I may have to look at the files on Github, as it seems this message is embedded in the CQCDriver_6_0_en.CIDMsg file, which I assume is called from the dll file.
(10-31-2022, 06:57 AM)karenlee Wrote: Hi - no we moved to Spain around 7 years ago.  Absolutely loving it, although this summer just gone was waaaay to hot and humid.  And you? Still in the same place?

So sad CQC didn't manage to stay afloat.  Today, I am trawling through the files as I think I am going to have to teach myself a bit of development. Currently just looking to see if I can stop the log filling up with: "Some fields of this driver got no initial values. Up to the first 8 are displayed:   ArtURL".  It looks like the Sonos driver has been set to expect an art image and if it doesn't find one, it puts out this message to the log.  So when I have a radio station selected, my log files fill up with an entry for each speaker.  I think I may have to look at the files on Github, as it seems this message is embedded in the CQCDriver_6_0_en.CIDMsg file, which I assume is called from the dll file.

Yes, still live in TX, and enjoying our retired life!  It's hot here in July & August but we are used to it.  The flip side is, it rarely gets cold in the winter.

So which driver do you have an issue with?  The Sonos ZP Prop or the Sonos Zone Player V2?  I have both loaded, but rarely use the V2, as I have built playlists within the Sonos Software and have those displayed in a browser list using the code below:

Code:
Devices::QueryDrvText
    P1=ZonePlayer
    P2=ListQuery
    P3=PLList
    P4=LVar:PLLists

List::SetDblBrowserList
    P1=%(LVar:PLLists, "^1")

I can still go locate an album or song with the V2, but have been happy with building a playlist within Sonos since my music choices rarely change.  I probably have about a dozen within Sonos and never had any issues with errors.

The error you are getting (I think) is related to the driver re-initializing - I get those whenever an older driver goes offline and then reinitializes.  If the driver wasn't written later in the CQC life, it will throw an error, as it wants a value being inserted before it is placed online.  A lot of the older drivers don't do that.

I have done a few drivers and they aren't that hard.
I use all the players, both the Sonos Zones and the Media Renderer as I have a music library stored on my hard drive so use the Renderer + Sonos to play that, but when I just play radio stations, then I use the ZP player. I also have Sonos playlists too. It all works very well together - I use the Alexa ha-bridge driver so I can just ask Alexa for a radio station or a playlist, or I can use CQC to browse all my ripped music and play that to the Sonos system.

My system is so sophisticated that when I lose it (like computer crashing) it's terrible! I can't go back to just native Sonos - I have a Sonos Speaker with Alexa built in, and even Sonos itself can't offer me that ability to group speakers by voice - yet, using CQC, I've been able to program that ability. I don't understand why Sonos-Voice integration is so bad, when it's clearly achievable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To - Configure MyMovies Driver on Windows 7 x64 wuench 21 29,893 10-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Last Post: zra
  How to use Fibaro HC2 as your zWave primary controller kjaerligkatt 3 3,930 11-27-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  How To: Install Logitech Squeezebox Receiver without Controller (WinXP) Deephaven 13 76,813 08-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Last Post: SamVimes2