Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Configure SmartThings as Primary ZWave Controller
(07-22-2019, 01:10 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: The downside of ST is that it doesn't know it's just a master controller, so it's going to be banging on the devices as well, assuming it is the automation controller. Given that Z-Wave is touchy enough, the Leviton software has the benefit of being completely passive and just a master controller.

I have a ST V3 Hub and don't see much traffic from the ST Hub.
here is a Z-wave packet trace from the ST Hub to one device.
Not sure if this is true for all versions of the ST hub but looks like a Poll time of 15 minutes for each device.
Device 1 is ST hub
Device 10 is my is Living room light
Device 24 is my front porch light

[Image: o6a0xHr.jpg]
Doesn't look too bad. One thing that may also be an issue is that not a lot but too many Z-Wave devices only have one association slot. Something that thinks it's the primary controller may decide that that belongs to him and take it over periodically as a way of automatically 'fixing' a problem in the network. Not sure if STs does that or not.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to use Fibaro HC2 as your zWave primary controller kjaerligkatt 3 1,677 11-27-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  How To - Configure MyMovies Driver on Windows 7 x64 wuench 18 20,117 10-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Last Post: MikeA
  How To: Install Logitech Squeezebox Receiver without Controller (WinXP) Deephaven 13 72,298 08-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Last Post: SamVimes2