Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z-Wave Device config GoControl Door/Window Sensor
Dean, attached are the trace files for the GoControl Door/Window sensor. File names are self explanatory, should be single event type for each.

Door-Window
Model #: WADWAZ-1
FCC ID: EF400125

Documentation that came with the switch lists:

Alarm Type: 0x07

Alarm Event:
Internal Switch 0x02
Tamper Switch 0x03
External Switch 0xFE

Alarm Level:
Close 0x00
Open 0xFF
Tamper 0xFF

Attached Files
.txt   DoorTraceExternal.txt (Size: 1.15 KB / Downloads: 9)
.txt   DoorTraceInternal.txt (Size: 767 bytes / Downloads: 5)
.txt   DoorTraceTamper.txt (Size: 1.56 KB / Downloads: 2)
OK, that bit makes sense. I can't find any other info about it in terms of what device classes it supports. Obviously it has to support battery because it's a battery powered device but I can't find any other technical info, which is really needed.

It just shouldn't be this hard to support a product.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
i don't think it supports battery.

i have 2 of them hooked up to the Wink, for which they are explicitly compatible, and they say "Battery Unknown".
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
What's particularly stupid is that Z-Wave has a provision for supporting multi-devices within a single device. Each one is assigned an instance id and the incoming messages indicate the instance id it's for. But none of these multi-unit devices use it. They send everything as instance id 0, and just give some ad hoc indication of what the message is for, in this case it's all alarm messages, nothing related to the actual device class of the thing being reported on.

I currently have no way to correctly associate those incoming messages to the appropriate device classes. I already had to do a big hack for things like the multi-sensor from Aeotec, which at least sends multi-sensor messages, and none of them are of the same data type, so I can configure multiple pseudo instances of them in the info file and use the data type to differentiate them based on configuration.

But in this case, it's just a totally arbitrary relationship between the sensor device class and the incoming alarm messages, which you could just never actually connect without having ad hoc code to deal with it. There's just a number in the alarm message that indicates its for some specific sensor.

So I would have to come up with some new, completely arbitrary scheme in the device info files to somehow let the driver know that they really apply to something completely different. It's similar for locks, but locks are never multi-instance, so you know if a lock gets an alarm message it's just for that one lock.

I will have to think about that, and may not be able to do it right now.
Dean Roddey
jkmonroe Wrote:i don't think it supports battery.

i have 2 of them hooked up to the Wink, for which they are explicitly compatible, and they say "Battery Unknown".

I get battery status on these from the SmartThings hub (at least it appears to be a battery status, time will tell, if it goes down then yes, if no, then it's a false data point from something else.)

Further, the SmartThings config on this device is smart enough to recognize the external sensor connection enough to trigger open/close status. It will report the last open/close for whichever input is used. I've read enough on the SmartThings Forums to believe that I can hack a new config for this and get 2 separate sensors out of this if I want. Given the price point on these things I'll probably pick up 2-4 more kits over the next month.

Haven't experimented with the motion yet, but have read that people are able to get motion, temp and battery, does require some config tweaking though.
OK ... OK. ill order the SmartThings from Amazon. Sheesh.

:-D
do the needful ...
so now that theres a moderate feeling of stability in my zwave setup, im going to push forward with some more stuff.

what was the end result of getting the external bit of these sensors; too complicated for now?

i ordered a 10 pack of external magnets that will be here Monday, so i can hook one up and see if anything spits out of the VRC0P that might make this easier.
do the needful ...
For the moment, too much to take on.
Dean Roddey
jkmonroe Wrote:so now that theres a moderate feeling of stability in my zwave setup, im going to push forward with some more stuff.

what was the end result of getting the external bit of these sensors; too complicated for now?

i ordered a 10 pack of external magnets that will be here Monday, so i can hook one up and see if anything spits out of the VRC0P that might make this easier.

Trace already posted
does it work?

i dont know what im looking at, but the messages seem to be the same.

command class 113 is what were looking for, right?

theyre not the same. i guess the long ID is the sensor, and one of the sets is 254 and the other is 002. and then there is another message that must ID open/closed which CQC reads.

Internal:
Code:
New ZWMsg  12:11:02 PM
  Raw Text=012:113,005,007,255,000,255,007,002,000,000
  Type=Gen Report,  Node=12,  InstId=0,  Secure=No,  Bytes=10,  CmdClass=113/0x71,  Cmd=5/0x5
New ZWMsg  12:11:04 PM
  Raw Text=012:032,001,000
  Type=Gen Report,  Node=12,  InstId=0,  Secure=No,  Bytes=3,  CmdClass=32/0x20,  Cmd=1/0x1

External:
Code:
New ZWMsg  12:09:59 PM
  Raw Text=012:113,005,007,255,000,255,007,254,000,000
  Type=Gen Report,  Node=12,  InstId=0,  Secure=No,  Bytes=10,  CmdClass=113/0x71,  Cmd=5/0x5
do the needful ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ambient light sensor??? Deane Johnson 10 4,604 07-15-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  Lock device class bryanb 6 1,828 06-24-2020, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  NetworkMonitor - Cannot Reload Config gReatAutomation 26 6,531 05-15-2020, 03:02 PM
  With webriva, anyway to get an embedded browser window? ghurty 1 908 04-26-2020, 04:43 PM
  Lutron Caseta Occupancy Sensor bryanb 14 3,973 04-26-2020, 08:59 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  Is it possible to rename a moniker for a device? ghurty 2 942 04-23-2020, 02:41 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Lutron RadioRA 2 - Occupancy Sensor simplextech 8 3,081 02-18-2020, 03:48 PM
  Z-Wave Device List simplextech 2 1,399 02-01-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Z-Wave dual usb stick setup simplextech 7 2,356 01-20-2020, 01:32 PM
  Device Grouping simplextech 9 3,260 01-11-2020, 11:17 AM