Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utilitech Z-Wave Water Leak Detector
jkmonroe Wrote:the GoControl motion took forever. i selected it as the proper device, and then went and did the auto configuration. i know that i waited so long i ended up posting here thinking there was an issue, but it did eventually start working (both motion and temp).

Okay good to know, I did do the auto config I'll be patient.
He won't be able to do any sort of auto-config since it's not an understood device. But, if it's associated correctly with the VRC0P, using the master controller, CQC should see messages from it, though it won't know what to do with them at a higher semantic level. It'll still log them though.

For ones that CQC understands, you have to do the auto-config, then you have to make it wake up. That doesn't mean triggering it, it means waking it up, which usually involves pressing or holding down some button on the unit in an appropriate way. Battery powered devices cannot be talked to unless they wake up, and normally they don't do that for hours at a time.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Okay, something is amiss then with the water detector, will have to pick it up again on Monday, family stuff rest of the weekend...

Giving it a type of Aeotec is not correct even though it does work the GoControl door sensor can monitor 2 binary openings independently. So I guess the GoControl Door sensor is not really properly recognized so can't do a proper auto config on it.
You should generally never set a module to a type it's not and then do the auto-config, because the stuff it does is module specific and who knows what how those commands might be interpreted by another module, at least when config parameter commands are involved, since they are just numbers and what they mean is up to the module.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:He won't be able to do any sort of auto-config since it's not an understood device. But, if it's associated correctly with the VRC0P, using the master controller, CQC should see messages from it, though it won't know what to do with them at a higher semantic level. It'll still log them though.

For ones that CQC understands, you have to do the auto-config, then you have to make it wake up. That doesn't mean triggering it, it means waking it up, which usually involves pressing or holding down some button on the unit in an appropriate way. Battery powered devices cannot be talked to unless they wake up, and normally they don't do that for hours at a time.

right, but you already added the motion sensor, so it is in there. the motion sensor is what takes forever to wake up.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
This guy is easily added to the SmartThings hub and immediatly reports water presence or clears when water is removed. I like this one because the probe is on a separate cable connected to the electronics and can be tucked out of harms way from water. It's also very inexpensive at Lowe's

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Z-Wave Device List simplextech 2 1,392 02-01-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Z-Wave dual usb stick setup simplextech 7 2,344 01-20-2020, 01:32 PM
  Z-Wave Device Support simplextech 6 2,941 01-06-2020, 02:24 PM
  [REQUEST] Z-Wave Devices simplextech 2 1,484 01-05-2020, 07:31 PM
  Z-Wave include fails with security simplextech 15 4,113 01-04-2020, 06:18 PM
  New Z-Wave driver preview Dean Roddey 162 46,781 08-02-2019, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  New z-wave Ron Haley 4 1,611 06-25-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Leak Gopher Control Valve - NoAutoMatch gReatAutomation 5 2,251 06-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  memory leak in CIDLogSrv*32? lleo 5 3,103 11-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Z-Wave Question agarden 9 5,849 05-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Last Post: agarden