Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utilitech Z-Wave Water Leak Detector
Dean what info do you need to add a Utilitech Z-Wave Water Leak Detector to CQC? I have one in hand...

Thanks,
-Ben
What's the actual model number. I'll see what I can find.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Leak detector
Model #TST01-1
FCC ID: FU5TR003

While you are at it, here are the specific model # & FCC IDs for the Go Control Door-Window and motion sensors. The Door-Window sensor can monitor 2 openings independently.

Door-Window
Model #: WADWAZ-1
FCC ID: EF400125

Motion
Model #: WAPIRZ-1
FCC ID: EF400123

Thanks Dean!
-Ben
fyi, the motion should be in 4.8.1.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
When I join the leak detector to my zwave network it shows up as a lamp module. Manufacture shows up as Everspring in RFIT.
Hmmm.. the old technical info web site now goes to some completely useless marketing fluff page.
Dean Roddey
batwater Wrote:When I join the leak detector to my zwave network it shows up as a lamp module. Manufacture shows up as Everspring in RFIT.

Given that you can't stop leaks by writing to the module, that obviously has to be bogus.
Dean Roddey
Looks like the info from the old technical docs page is still there somewhere, since I found the page for it via direct search:

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/produ.../embedpics

So apparently it uses the alarm device class to indicate status, but we'd need to know more than that. There are lots of alarm types and variations, so we need to see the messages it sends.

You'll need to turn on the low level logging in the driver, then do whatever you need to make it report water (dip it in a cup or water or something) and then the other way, presumably after it's no longer submerged but who knows how long that might take. Initially just wait a few minutes and then turn logging back off and post the results here. If we don't see the dry report, we'll have to wait longer perhaps.

To turn on logging write to the InvokeCmd field:

EnableTrace : Yes

and later to turn it off write

EnableTrace : No.

The file will be:

[cqc]\CQCData\Server\Data\ZWaveLevi2\Trace.Txt

on the machine where the Z-Wave driver is running.
Dean Roddey
I cannot get a trace out of it nor does it show up in CQC at all. Unit beeps when water present. Unit is present in RFIT tool. I have updated the config on the VRC0P. An empty trace file is created when I do the EnableTrace command, nothing there after I stop the trace .

I also do not get a trace from the GoControl Door sensors though they do show up in CQC as a binary device.

GoControl Motion is configured but showing up as red in the driver, missing a step somewhere, going to peruse forum, remember that jkmonroe had posted something about getting it working properly.
the GoControl motion took forever. i selected it as the proper device, and then went and did the auto configuration. i know that i waited so long i ended up posting here thinking there was an issue, but it did eventually start working (both motion and temp).
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Z-Wave Device List simplextech 2 1,392 02-01-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Z-Wave dual usb stick setup simplextech 7 2,344 01-20-2020, 01:32 PM
  Z-Wave Device Support simplextech 6 2,941 01-06-2020, 02:24 PM
  [REQUEST] Z-Wave Devices simplextech 2 1,484 01-05-2020, 07:31 PM
  Z-Wave include fails with security simplextech 15 4,113 01-04-2020, 06:18 PM
  New Z-Wave driver preview Dean Roddey 162 46,781 08-02-2019, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  New z-wave Ron Haley 4 1,611 06-25-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Leak Gopher Control Valve - NoAutoMatch gReatAutomation 5 2,251 06-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  memory leak in CIDLogSrv*32? lleo 5 3,103 11-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Z-Wave Question agarden 9 5,849 05-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Last Post: agarden