Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can i upgrade from 4.1 to 4.8
Then it's not even getting far enough to do anything. I assume you are getting the login screen? If not, are you doing auto-login? If so, and that info is invalid, perhaps that's an issue.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
interesting idea. i removed the environment variables for logon and it let me logon but then before it can load the template it crashes. i changed the default template and it works. so for some reason the template that worked under 4.1 works on a windows 7 machine locally and a windows 7 machine over the network but crashes the win10 machine. i removed the onload code for the template and it still crashes. i have a web browser widget that i suspected since win10 is all about edge but i tried another template with a browser widget and it loads ok on the win10 machine.

any idea how to figure out what it is in my template the crashes on win10?

greg
ok i narrowed it down. it is the browser widget. on windows10 i can load the browser but when i include the default link for my video feed it fails. i am guessing it has something to do with microsoft edge? when microsoft moved from IE to Edge, did it impact the browser widget somehow? i can load the webpage in edge.

greg
I'm guessing maybe it's more than Edge just doesn't show up at all as an embedded browser or something. You can actually install IE if you want. It doesn't come installed, and they don't advertise it, but you can do it and it's no different than installing any other browser. So you might want to do that if you need the browser widget, at least in the meantime. I'm not sure when I'd get to look into how Edge works wrt to the embedded stuff.
Dean Roddey
yeah not sure what to do with that. IE is installed on this machine as well as edge already. what is weird is that it worked with 4.1 but not 4.8.

greg
The web browser support has been reworked quite a bit, but definitely for the better according to all reports. It used to have issues with some active type pages and that was fixed.

Was your web stuff perhaps depending on the CQC web server for intermediate pages that then reference other stuff? If so, maybe those URL references are now invalid because of the new server or something?

There may be some registry entry that controls whether IE or Edge is what gets used for embedded browsers, or perhaps it goes by what the default is set to be?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:The web browser support has been reworked quite a bit, but definitely for the better according to all reports. It used to have issues with some active type pages and that was fixed.

Was your web stuff perhaps depending on the CQC web server for intermediate pages that then reference other stuff? If so, maybe those URL references are now invalid because of the new server or something?

There may be some registry entry that controls whether IE or Edge is what gets used for embedded browsers, or perhaps it goes by what the default is set to be?

not sure how it decides what to use for embedded. the page i am loading is just a feed from an axis encoder. looks like this http://192.186.1.236/local/viewer/axis241qWebpage1.htm

strange that i can load the page in edge but not IE on this system now.

greg
So you can't load it in regular, standalone IE? What version of IE is installed?
Dean Roddey
appears to be 11.20.10586.0
Interesting. Maybe it's actually too new? There is a compatibility setting on the IE short cut generally, You could try that backing it down and see if that helps.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Win10 - Watch out on this latest upgrade kblagron 24 9,614 10-03-2016, 08:34 AM
Last Post: IVB
  Template errors after upgrade to 4.8.3 avtexan 4 2,914 08-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Last Post: avtexan
  Double Upgrade Advice? ControlFreak 1 1,893 06-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  upgrade with WES 2009? ControlFreak 3 2,408 12-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Last Post: ControlFreak
  Need some details about OnPress/OnRelease in Upgrade mbrown 3 2,317 07-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Last Post: mbrown
  Help with new server and CQC upgrade royalj7 3 2,333 04-29-2012, 02:39 PM
  Master Server rehost/upgrade advice. dogman 3 2,502 03-24-2012, 04:35 PM
  How To Upgrade dkemme 1 2,040 11-07-2011, 09:08 PM
  Upgrade help fairview1100 2 2,038 06-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Last Post: fairview1100
  Upgrade questions - 2.4.26 to 3.2 MikeA 9 4,097 12-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Last Post: klindy