Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sonos and podcasts
i hit my frustration level with this - there is just no good integration for podcasts with sonos. i desperately want to continue listening where i leave off when i get home, but no. seems like something i should be able to do in 2015 (almost 2016!).

so here is my question - and no, i haven't tried this yet because i would need to get some extra components installed, so it's more high-level for those who may have done it.

can i load up iTunes to automatically download the latest X episodes of each podcast to which i subscribe, configure it through the iTunes tray app, get those podcasts into a repo of some form, and be able to actually play the podcast via my Sonos from CQC?

right now my iTunes all sync the scrubbing, so if im listening in the car i can just pick up where i left off on my laptop when i get home. would doing this through cqc do the same thing?

or does anyone have any other solution to this?

halp!
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
Sonos really needs to support AirPlay.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
I use airsonos to airplay music from my iphone to the Sonos.

Note that ios9 broke the airplay protocol, so the windows build will not (yet) work. If you use anything lower than ios9, it works fine. I expect they'll push a new installer soon, since the underlying libraries have been fixed.
im going to give it a go via iTunes and see if I can import the podcasts that way. i prefer to keep everything streaming, but i might not be able to with these.
do the needful ...
Have you thought about an airport express into a sonos input?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
potts.mike Wrote:Have you thought about an airport express into a sonos input?

not really. id prefer to not use my phone at all. i tend to not carry it with me from room to room, so when i go from the kitchen to the office, id not have the ability to control them.
do the needful ...
jaydonoghue Wrote:I use airsonos to airplay music from my iphone to the Sonos.

Note that ios9 broke the airplay protocol, so the windows build will not (yet) work. If you use anything lower than ios9, it works fine. I expect they'll push a new installer soon, since the underlying libraries have been fixed.

I spent some time on this... I couldn't get it to detect all of my speakers on linux and like you said Windows isn't working.

I'm shelving this for now. Looks like I need a plan B.
--Kill all the serial ports--

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SONOS and Grouping gReatAutomation 6 1,098 04-16-2020, 10:49 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Sonos media success simplextech 0 492 01-07-2020, 07:52 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Use TTS with Sonos (not Play:5) IVB 7 3,399 01-20-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Another big Sonos update coming Dean Roddey 7 3,439 01-18-2018, 04:45 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Sonos Favourites Query NightLight 17 12,001 03-30-2017, 07:15 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Playing Sonos Favourites fails with & symbols in the name NightLight 3 2,954 01-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Sonos Ron Haley 37 11,999 03-17-2016, 10:18 PM
Last Post: bbrendon
  Sonos - Again jkmonroe 30 11,930 06-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  How to disable the Sonos transmitters Dean Roddey 1 2,179 10-27-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: ControlFreak
  Linking Sonos senddrvcmd to upb link rtarver 5 3,453 08-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: bbrendon