Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image Pack from 2006
Dean, I have an image pack from 2006. How do I get this imported into my current setup?

Can I send it to you so you can extract the images?

edit: adding to this, i found a lot of template packs too. they are 2006 and 2007.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
jkmonroe Wrote:Dean, I have an image pack from 2006. How do I get this imported into my current setup?

edit: adding to this, i found a lot of template packs too. they are 2006 and 2007.

So old pretty much useless. Sharing images and templates is one part of the CQC DIY community that is really lacking these days and could be a key driver to License sales.(or even adding value for the Pros to use created Images/templates with permission- Creative Commons licensing?)

I think very few of us are good(well average) with code and Photoshop so that really limits DIY license sales to people that will only use auto generated templates,etc.

The more people on CQC the more people that will pay Pros for help. "can I pay someone to make me this driver" or " Can I pay someone to help me with templates".
OR even better yet a app store to buy images/templates
My 2 cents.
kfly Wrote:So old pretty much useless. Sharing images and templates is one part of the CQC DIY community that is really lacking these days and could be a key driver to License sales.(or even adding value for the Pros to use created Images/templates with permission- Creative Commons licensing?)

I think very few of us are good(well average) with code and Photoshop so that really limits DIY license sales to people that will only use auto generated templates,etc.

The more people on CQC the more people that will pay Pros for help. "can I pay someone to make me this driver" or " Can I pay someone to help me with templates".
OR even better yet a app store to buy images/templates
My 2 cents.
IVB got me started with my setup, and I went from there and did my own graphics with the help of Ripper. Back when I started there were a lot of people that would make drivers for others in exchange for graphics. My system crashed awhile back and I ended up not having my system up for a year or 2 and when I returned to the site everything had changed. I was told back then that my old templates could not be used anymore as the current setup had changed too much to import. I have since never been able to get more than 1 or 2 items up and running again. I don't know when I will have a working setup again.
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
I doubt seriously I would have told you you couldn't import your old templates, since you definitely can. There may be issues that need to be addressed of course if they are that old. But you can always get them back.

For the ones mentioned above, if you look at the announcements section of the forum and work your way back to 2006/2007, the versions would have been 2.3 or 2.4'ish. The main reason those wouldn't be importable is that there was a known break from the old world in 3.0, if I remember correctly, in order to make some much needed improvements. After that I think you are still good for 3.0 forward.

So, mostly likely the order of events you'd need would be:

1. Do a temp standalone installation of 2.4 on some machine.
2. Import those templates.
3. Upgrade to 3.0
4. Upgrade to the latest version
5. Export the stuff you want to get back out

Those should then be to import into the current version. Though of course the ways you might have done things back them could be horribly archaic by now.

A bit of a pain, but it's just because it's 2.x stuff. If it had been a bit later, you'd have been OK most likely.

You get always get the old versions using the same path as the current one, just adjust the numbers, so:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._2_4_0.Zip

should be the first 2.4 version, and

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._3_0_0.Zip

should be the first 3.0 version. Once you get upgraded to 3.0, I think everything from there forward will work with the latest stuff.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
jkmonroe Wrote:Dean, I have an image pack from 2006. How do I get this imported into my current setup?

I did what Dean posted above for a few of panos' old graphics. It is a pain as typically a driver instance matching the template's drivers names must be loaded before the template will load with the logic intact. If it's just to get the graphic it's doable by using Dean's testing drivers. YMMV.
If it finds drivers of the same make/model, it will update the template to use the existing driver monikers in your system. But it won't try to do it for different types of drivers.

The V2 world makes this possibly somewhat more flexible, though the packaging system would have to be updated to take advantage of that. That's something to put on the list for post-5.0. That kind of thing is one of the real reasons for V2, because otherwise it's very difficult to share stuff anyway, at least anything beyond the simple, device specific 'remote control on the screen' type of thing.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:I doubt seriously I would have told you you couldn't import your old templates, since you definitely can. There may be issues that need to be addressed of course if they are that old. But you can always get them back.

For the ones mentioned above, if you look at the announcements section of the forum and work your way back to 2006/2007, the versions would have been 2.3 or 2.4'ish. The main reason those wouldn't be importable is that there was a known break from the old world in 3.0, if I remember correctly, in order to make some much needed improvements. After that I think you are still good for 3.0 forward.

So, mostly likely the order of events you'd need would be:

1. Do a temp standalone installation of 2.4 on some machine.
2. Import those templates.
3. Upgrade to 3.0
4. Upgrade to the latest version
5. Export the stuff you want to get back out

Those should then be to import into the current version. Though of course the ways you might have done things back them could be horribly archaic by now.

A bit of a pain, but it's just because it's 2.x stuff. If it had been a bit later, you'd have been OK most likely.

You get always get the old versions using the same path as the current one, just adjust the numbers, so:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._2_4_0.Zip

should be the first 2.4 version, and

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._3_0_0.Zip

should be the first 3.0 version. Once you get upgraded to 3.0, I think everything from there forward will work with the latest stuff.

How can i tell what version of CQC the template was made in? I tried 2.4 and it said it was the wrong version of CQC.
tia, Ron

Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
Do you have any idea when they were created? You can always send me one of them and I can poke around in it manually.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Do you have any idea when they were created? You can always send me one of them and I can poke around in it manually.

They were 2006-2007... I just sent you one via email.

tia,
Ron
tia, Ron

OK, looks like those were actually in the 1.x world. So start with this version:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa...1_6_21.Zip

That's the last 1.x version. That should allow you to import. If so, then upgrade to 2.4, then 3.0, then you should be able to export versions that will work with the current version.

I don't even remember what it was like in 1.6, but presumably it's similar enough that you can find your way around. Be sure to import them all then upgrade. Once you upgrade, you won't be able to import them again.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Export an image? Sendero 3 2,417 10-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  popup moves image over ellisr63 3 2,386 06-04-2013, 12:24 PM
  Capture image Trioxide 2 1,940 04-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Trioxide
  Animated image Widgets DaveB 1 1,678 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM
  Image toggle? rtarver 4 2,015 09-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  Full screen and max image??? rtarver 5 2,951 08-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Last Post: rtarver
  Automatically refresh web image widget in RIVA? standon 8 4,463 02-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Web Image widget jmark 1 1,582 03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
  Random Image Screensaver? 1080iAddict 13 4,688 08-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Last Post: 1080iAddict
  How to work with Image Packs RHT 3 1,921 08-27-2008, 03:45 PM