Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Echo and IFTTT - Specific Phrase
I noticed while in my Alexa app today that Amazon is now allowing you to use specific phrase in their IFTTT channel. With this and the make channel alot of integration possibilities open up.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
oh yeah! im surprised i didnt post about this.

but it is SO MUCH EASIER with the natural language. "Alexa, trigger my evening scene." and just have it shoot a Maker request over to CQC to kick off a global action.

im using the shit out of it, and its been like 18 hours. <knock on wood> ive had no latency issues since i started playing around with this, like literally none - immediate response.

the best thing is that you define what comes after 'trigger'. even the wife is getting involved here ... "Alexa, trigger red alert!" "Alexa, trigger the self destruct sequence." :-D
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
Does this make it roughly easy to create "Alexa, turn on office lights to 50%"? I want to get that setup but have not spent the time with the CQC 'native' alexa support yet.
Yes, in IFTTT you setup any phrase as the trigger and then CQC reacts to an http listener. So say "Alexa, trigger kitchen lights at 50%" then you would trigger off the http listener.

You have to use the word trigger and I don't know if there is a way to parameterize it so that you don't have to have a recipe for each phrase.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
Is this done with the CQC Echo Support or Wuench's driver?
neither. 'Trigger' is done with IFTTT, the Maker channel, and the CQC HTTP Trigger driver.

Smile
do the needful ...
any volunteers for a how-to walk through?
i can post something up when im not on mobile.

for starters, you need to load the HTTP Trigger driver and start playing around with how that works. then go configure the Maker channel for IFTTT.

and ill post some more info when i can.
do the needful ...
did you do a get or post? I can get Alexa to trigger the recipe, but CQC isn't picking it up.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
post. works every time.

(1) your HTTP trigger port is open to your CQC server? this is different than the web server port.

(2) when you train the trigger, MAKE SURE TO PUT HTTP:// in front of the URL.

(3) ...profit?
do the needful ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Refurbished Amazon FireHD 8 tablets + Dock just $39.99 sic0048 3 4,929 05-06-2020, 07:10 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  Atonic Pi - x86 SBC $35 on amazon (yes runs Win 10) znelbok 1 1,715 05-01-2019, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Finally loving IFTTT with Google Home and CQC HTTPtrigger RichardU 5 5,203 01-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: RichardU
  Alexa, Amazon Echo gains multiroom music playback sic0048 0 2,172 08-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Get Started using AutoVoice on Google Home and Amazon Echo batwater 2 5,371 02-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: batwater
  IFTTT Maker jkmonroe 18 8,542 10-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Amazon Echo Dot jkmonroe 50 18,301 09-26-2016, 08:36 AM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Sonos opens its platform to Spotify Connect and Amazon's Alexa batwater 14 8,785 09-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Echo IFTTT Trigger speed slow lately Bugman 0 1,935 06-11-2016, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  If you dont want an Echo - Jasper! znelbok 0 1,909 03-08-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: znelbok