Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zwave device configuration
so the association between a sensor and the VRC0P would be auto set?

what about if i wanted to directly associate a sensor to a light? i can do that with the primary controller, but what would happen during auto-config? does it use a different association group id?
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
All the auto-config cares about is the association to the VRC0P necessary for the driver to receive messages. But the association groups generally allow more than one unit id to be added to them, and will send the notifications to al of them. Some are limited, but they tend to at least support a handful of targets.

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to do, since now parts of your automation logic are spread all around in various modules, where it's easy to both lose and forget. If a module goes or needs to be reset, there goes part of your setup.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
ok. i have the aeotec minimote showing up tomorrow, as well as a smartthings.

right now my Wink Hub has some of my devices, replicated over to the VRC0P, but im going to give these other options a try.

i had no idea the minimote was a primary controller.
do the needful ...
Meh! Since touching my Z-Wave network to add the door sensors, water leak detector and range extender my locks have stopped reporting battery level to CQC. ZWAVE is the devil of home automation devices dressed in bright shiny wrappers. :-x

I've run a repair on the network and updated the VRC0P but doesn't seem to matter. Is there something I need to do on the CQC side? Locks have not changed.

Thanks,
-Ben
If you updated the VRC0P, I think you have to do some sort of updating in CQC so it knows what is now in the VRC0P.
You do need to rescan after you update the VRCOP, definitely.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Once we can confirm that ST can act as a primary controller and successfully replicate to the VRC0P, we all need to have a big Google Hangout where everyone dutifully destroys their VRUSB in a very imaginative way. And a mass uninstall of the RFIT.

I'm thinking flamethrower over here.
do the needful ...
Shotgun? How about Acid? Molten lead, yeah that, what happens when you pour molten metal over it...?

Gawd this is frustrating, my locks are now no longer reporting battery level status, lock state just fine, triggers just fine, no battery level. Was it the change to the zwave network, was it the upgrade to 4.8.1, who knows, f*ing witchcraft.

jkmonroe, do your GoControl motion sensor's LEDs turn red when motion is detected? I'm not getting anything out of these things, nada, no motion, no temp, nothing.
batwater Wrote:Shotgun? How about Acid? Molten lead, yeah that, what happens when you pour molten metal over it...?

Gawd this is frustrating, my locks are now no longer reporting battery level status, lock state just fine, triggers just fine, no battery level. Was it the change to the zwave network, was it the upgrade to 4.8.1, who knows, f*ing witchcraft.

jkmonroe, do your GoControl motion sensor's LEDs turn red when motion is detected? I'm not getting anything out of these things, nada, no motion, no temp, nothing.

i honestly don't know. they are mounted up high. ill wander around and see if i notice the red light when i trip one.

can you see them in the VRC0P? pull off the lid and see if you get anything over on the VRC0P.
do the needful ...
The VRC0P sees them, the CQC scan picked them up, I assigned GoControl, set Trigger to Yes, and Temperature Scale to Farenheight.

Thanks for looking!
-Ben

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do i pick up OmniPro configuration changes? xlurkr 5 1,501 07-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Last Post: xlurkr
  Update on ZWave & RadioRA2 Multi-Gang and CQC gReatAutomation 1 1,188 01-31-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Simple HTTP Call to Device from CQC mjwhite214 19 7,155 01-23-2020, 03:35 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  ZWave / Add all devices or just as you need them? gReatAutomation 2 1,320 09-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  ZWave integration frustrations kjaerligkatt 166 40,523 01-03-2019, 05:29 AM
Last Post: kjaerligkatt
  zWave, how I hate thee. need to redo network IVB 23 8,126 12-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Device varible in email greyjeep 3 2,294 01-09-2018, 05:21 PM
  USB ZWave Controller Configuration bobskie708 6 5,996 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
  MS Speech Platform configuration on Windows Server 2012 mbrown 3 4,041 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM
  Harmony Hub Device Control jkmonroe 6 4,884 07-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Last Post: potts.mike