Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zwave device configuration
jkmonroe Wrote:my newsletter will say exactly this:

(1) DONT USE Z-WAVE IN ANY CAPACITY

(2) GOTO 1

Big Grin

As per my other post. Sadly, I can't think of a better option short of RadioRA2.

[Image: o2EDgTe.gif]
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Centralite is probably something to consider. It's Zigbee based, or one of its variations is, so it's retro-friendly like RA2, but it should be far more robust than Z-Wave.

I've offered to V2 the Centralite driver is someone gets one and can open it up for work.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Centralite Jetstream is their wireless lighting system that uses Zigbee. I explored it before I bought into Hue and could never get any information. I emailed Centralite directly with no reply, and Googled the hell out of it but couldn't find anything beyond third party places selling piecemeal. I even tried to find authorized dealers/installers with no luck.

Jetstream has nice keypads, nice switches, and a really nice tabletop controller.

I think at the end of the day, they went OEM. Centralite makes Lowes IRIS products and most of the stuff for SmartThings.

edit: if you have designs on getting Zigbee HA into CQC, check out this thing: http://smartenit.com/product/usb-cid/

that company has some neat zigbee devices, including a nice looking 3 button keypad: http://smartenit.com/product/zbws3b/
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
Looks like asihome.com sells Centralite stuff, so maybe contact them and ask them some questions?
Dean Roddey
yeah, i can find places that sell it. it just scares me because the last update that i see on the JetStream stuff is 2008. thats about to be 8 years ago, and we all know how far a lot of stuff has come in 8 years.

Smile
do the needful ...
I was just looking at Cox's offering of Home Life. Not a cheap endeavor. If one isn't careful, one can soon just have their pay check mailed direct to Cox.
jkmonroe Wrote:yeah, i can find places that sell it. it just scares me because the last update that i see on the JetStream stuff is 2008. thats about to be 8 years ago, and we all know how far a lot of stuff has come in 8 years.

Smile

I meant more, ask them if they are selling systems and are those customers happy and what their understanding of the state of the product is and that kind of thing. I think I saw where they were talking about updating to the Zigbee 1.2 standard, which is a new thing, though that might have been some other product of theirs, I dunno. If they had implemented the Zigbee HA profile, and it was working well, and that standard hadn't changed, there might have been no particular need to update it until now.
Dean Roddey
yeah, it cant hurt to send them an email.

zigbee 2.0 is coming out (was supposed to be Q4 this year), which I think will require all new hardware. so who knows what the state of everything will be.
do the needful ...
dean, the auto-config that runs on the zwave driver, does that set associations, or do they need to be set from the primary controller first?
do the needful ...
To the extent that the correct associations are known, they are set by the auto-config.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do i pick up OmniPro configuration changes? xlurkr 5 1,491 07-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Last Post: xlurkr
  Update on ZWave & RadioRA2 Multi-Gang and CQC gReatAutomation 1 1,184 01-31-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Simple HTTP Call to Device from CQC mjwhite214 19 7,146 01-23-2020, 03:35 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  ZWave / Add all devices or just as you need them? gReatAutomation 2 1,311 09-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  ZWave integration frustrations kjaerligkatt 166 40,463 01-03-2019, 05:29 AM
Last Post: kjaerligkatt
  zWave, how I hate thee. need to redo network IVB 23 8,112 12-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Device varible in email greyjeep 3 2,290 01-09-2018, 05:21 PM
  USB ZWave Controller Configuration bobskie708 6 5,976 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
  MS Speech Platform configuration on Windows Server 2012 mbrown 3 4,036 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM
  Harmony Hub Device Control jkmonroe 6 4,879 07-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Last Post: potts.mike