Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zwave device configuration
It might still be worth seeing if somehow the driver is causing it to get confused if it happens to talk to the VRC0P while you are doing replication. It don't think it should, and there'd be no way for a driver to really know it's happening in order to back off, but it would be worth it to see if that in some way is diffusing it.

Well, at the raw Z-Wave level a driver could probably know that a replication had started, but I don't think so via the VRC0P interface, and of course even if it could it would have to constantly poll the VRC0P in order to back off quickly when one started, which wouldn't be worth it probably.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
i haven't tried to fix it yet today, since im not too keen on resetting the VRC0P, but won't doing all of this re-assign a node ID to the VRC0P, forcing me to reassociate all of the connected devices?
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
The VRC0P just takes info from the primary controller. As long as the RFIT has the info and can replicate to the VRC0P, you shouldn't have lost anything. The modules should keep their node ids and all that since that's a module <-> primary controller issue. The primary controller has the network id as well, so the network id shouldn't change unless you reset the primary controller (or in some way ask RFIT to do that in the process of resetting the VRC0P.)
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:The VRC0P just takes info from the primary controller. As long as the RFIT has the info and can replicate to the VRC0P, you shouldn't have lost anything. The modules should keep their node ids and all that since that's a module <-> primary controller issue. The primary controller has the network id as well, so the network id shouldn't change unless you reset the primary controller (or in some way ask RFIT to do that in the process of resetting the VRC0P.)

ill give it a go.

i meant the node ID of the VRC0P. in my network, the VRUSB is node 1 and the VRC0P is node 2. devices need to know to what node to associate, right?

if my broken network has them associating to node 2, and when i reset the VRC0P and it gets node 15, won't the rest of the devices need to at least be updated?
do the needful ...
OK, yeh, that would be true. If it's currently node 1, it's at least semi-likely it'll end up node 1 again, since it'll probably get assigned the first unused one and that'll be it. But it could come out otherwise. That's one downside of a number-based scheme instead of a name-based scheme I guess.
Dean Roddey
jkmonroe Wrote:i have that same kit.

it's where i got the motion sensor, so thats in CQC already (4.8.1).

the contact closure from that kit works with the Aeotec device file.

i can verify that both are working as expected.

Does the Aeotec device file reflect 2 closure contacts for the contact closure device in CQC? The GoControls external wiring is a 2nd contact closure, sends a different message back when open/closed than the main one.
huh. i didn't realize there were two.

im using them natively, without the external wires connected. i assumed it was an and/or thing, not two discrete channels. at least that's how i read the manual.

Linear WADWAZ
do the needful ...
Documentation that came with the switch lists:

Alarm Type: 0x07

Alarm Event:
Internal Switch 0x02
Tamper Switch 0x03
External Switch 0xFE

Alarm Level:
Close 0x00
Open 0xFF
Tamper 0xFF
batwater Wrote:Documentation that came with the switch lists:

Alarm Type: 0x07

Alarm Event:
Internal Switch 0x02
Tamper Switch 0x03
External Switch 0xFE

Alarm Level:
Close 0x00
Open 0xFF
Tamper 0xFF

maybe im misreading the manual - the alarm level is identical (open and close). do you need the alarm event, too?
do the needful ...
In order to differentiate between the 3 event types it looks like it. I don't have a door sensor joined to my zwave network yet, maybe tomorrow time willing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do i pick up OmniPro configuration changes? xlurkr 5 1,493 07-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Last Post: xlurkr
  Update on ZWave & RadioRA2 Multi-Gang and CQC gReatAutomation 1 1,186 01-31-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Simple HTTP Call to Device from CQC mjwhite214 19 7,148 01-23-2020, 03:35 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  ZWave / Add all devices or just as you need them? gReatAutomation 2 1,314 09-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  ZWave integration frustrations kjaerligkatt 166 40,469 01-03-2019, 05:29 AM
Last Post: kjaerligkatt
  zWave, how I hate thee. need to redo network IVB 23 8,114 12-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Device varible in email greyjeep 3 2,290 01-09-2018, 05:21 PM
  USB ZWave Controller Configuration bobskie708 6 5,987 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
  MS Speech Platform configuration on Windows Server 2012 mbrown 3 4,038 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM
  Harmony Hub Device Control jkmonroe 6 4,881 07-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Last Post: potts.mike