Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zwave device configuration
sort of. i have the same issue as you the minute i try and add a keypad or switch.

my sensors and locks are working great by themselves. i had to strip out switches and keypads.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
jkmonroe Wrote:sort of. i have the same issue as you the minute i try and add a keypad or switch.

my sensors and locks are working great by themselves. i had to strip out switches and keypads.

I can't get locks to work, although I don't know if thats on the leviton side or schlage side. (pre-CQC, won't even enroll in RFIT after the first time. I even did a factory reset)
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Currently I only have 2 light switches and 2 Yale door locks that are rock solid. Of the 3 switches I have I did have 1 fail a while back but it was inexpensive so running 1 cheap one and 1 higher end Evolve that repeats security protocol. I will be adding 4 door sensors, 2 motions and multiple TBD# water leak sensors. The zwave kits (2 door 1 motion) at Home Depot that jkmonroe pointed out are a steal price wise.
i have the kwikset 910. it also worked the first time, then borked. i went through the reset procedure for the lock and it's been 'working' ever since.

i put 'working' in air quotes because i dont get reliable status (if someone comes in and forgets to lock it), but setting the lock state for our goodnight scene always seems to work OK.

im 100% convinced that these z-wave issues are related to the RFIT. i tested out everything using a z-stick and domoticz (free software) as the master controller and could replicate everything to the VRC0P on the first try.

IVB Wrote:I can't get locks to work, although I don't know if thats on the leviton side or schlage side. (pre-CQC, won't even enroll in RFIT after the first time. I even did a factory reset)
do the needful ...
and on another note, i tried to add a couple more sensors to my network tonight.

included them with the VRUSB/RFIT, clicked the 'update controller' for the VRC0P, shit flashed, failed.

tried again. failed.

and again. failed.

finally got a message that the VRC0P needs to be removed then re-included.

that failed.

now it says i need to reset the VRC0P.

i gave it a legit shot, and had it working for a while. now i have a bunch of sensors and a door lock that are totally hosed for the moment. i don't have the patience to deal with using the Z-Stick and Domoticz as a 'real' solution, so i think that's the show.

the vrc0p seems to be a solid device, but the RFIT is just a pile of steaming shit. whatever exec OK'd this thing needs to be fired.
do the needful ...
Just to make sure, try pausing the CQC driver while you do it. I guess it's possible that having something talking to the VRC0P while this is happening could be an issue.

Oh wait, you'd have to have done that anyway in order to get to the VRC0P's serial port, via RFIT, right?

You aren't using some sort of port sharing thingie are you? If so, that's probably a guaranteed fail if something else is hitting the VRC0P during replication.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
the VRC0P doesn't hook up to the laptop at all, and i used the same procedure as i have in the past.

hook up VRUSB, load RFIT, include device, right click VRC0P and hit update controller. the VRC0P flashes orange, it goes successful, i rescan in CQC and see the new devices.

this time it didn't work. Sad
do the needful ...
Oh, OK, the RFIT isn't talking serial to the VRC0P, so what I said above makes no sense. That's a Z-Wave level exchange.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
jkmonroe Wrote:im 100% convinced that these z-wave issues are related to the RFIT. i tested out everything using a z-stick and domoticz (free software) as the master controller and could replicate everything to the VRC0P on the first try.

z-stick, hmm. I could use a better master controller.

[Image: dfd4e58ebe6504393463735fabf8f0d3af2142eb...6eeed3.jpg]
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
my newsletter will say exactly this:

(1) DONT USE Z-WAVE IN ANY CAPACITY

(2) GOTO 1

Big Grin
do the needful ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do i pick up OmniPro configuration changes? xlurkr 5 1,493 07-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Last Post: xlurkr
  Update on ZWave & RadioRA2 Multi-Gang and CQC gReatAutomation 1 1,186 01-31-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Simple HTTP Call to Device from CQC mjwhite214 19 7,148 01-23-2020, 03:35 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  ZWave / Add all devices or just as you need them? gReatAutomation 2 1,314 09-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  ZWave integration frustrations kjaerligkatt 166 40,469 01-03-2019, 05:29 AM
Last Post: kjaerligkatt
  zWave, how I hate thee. need to redo network IVB 23 8,114 12-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Device varible in email greyjeep 3 2,290 01-09-2018, 05:21 PM
  USB ZWave Controller Configuration bobskie708 6 5,987 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
  MS Speech Platform configuration on Windows Server 2012 mbrown 3 4,038 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM
  Harmony Hub Device Control jkmonroe 6 4,881 07-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Last Post: potts.mike