Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modifying autogen thermostat setup for RCS
I've used the autogen system and the CQC Thermo device simulator to provide a starting point for my own system that uses a RCS TR40 thermostat. On the live tiles overlay, the Heat/AC tile has command button that toggles through the heating, cooling, fan, and thermo setpoints. Moving all the device simulator fields over to the RCS driver have gone pretty good so far, but the fan mode and thermostat mode fields (FanModeStatX and ModeStatX) aren't not reacting to the up and down buttons on the tile. The cooling and heating setpoints work.

I assume this is because the thermo device simulator fields for fan and thermostat mode are enumerated fields, while the RCS driver fields for those are not. They are just basically string fields that accept certain values (true/false for the fan mode and auto/heat/cool/off for the thermostat). So I was wondering how I can keep the functionally of the tile and toggle buttons with the RCS driver?

Thanks,
--Jamie
You would have to just do the toggling yourself. One easy way to do it is, upon entry to the action, create a local variable of enumerated string type, with the available values as the possible values of the enumeration. Set its initial value to the current value of the field. You can then use action commands (AdjustEnumValue) to increment/decrement the variable to the next or previous enumerated value. Then write that new value back out.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I'm sure that seems easy to use Dean, but I'm using the autogen system for a reason :-)

One question about creating my own LVar that has the mode types. The up and down arrows on the tile enumerate a global variable currently, ThermoTileVal. How would a new variable work with that? I don't want to have two sets of up/down arrows.

Thanks,
--Jamie
In the button that moves between the values to adjust, you'd have to special case the those two and set it to your own values instead of the ones that it's currently getting from the field. So you'd watch for it to move to the two values you care about and set the global variable yourself, else let it do what it's currently doing.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:In the button that moves between the values to adjust, you'd have to special case the those two and set it to your own values instead of the ones that it's currently getting from the field. So you'd watch for it to move to the two values you care about and set the global variable yourself, else let it do what it's currently doing.

Dean,
Through no fault but my own, you've lost me. Do you have any code snippets that give an example of what you mentioned above? I assume it would be in the nested If/Else statement on the toggle button, but don't know how to construct it.

Thanks,
--Jamie
BTW, if you have a wee bit of funds available, I could take a detour to V2 the RCS thermo driver, assuming it's even capable of supporting that of course. That would let you just avoid the whole issue of making manual modifications . I could get to it one way or another regardless, but likely post 5.0 release.

Or, don't you have an Elk? If so, why not just access it via the Elk, where it would be available as a V2 thermo, and you could use the auto-gen'd interfaces as is (assuming the Elk understands them, which I don't know anything about so that might be a dumb suggestion.)
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thermostat options rhosch 17 4,100 05-27-2020, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  iTunes Setup barbourm 12 4,118 01-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Which Thermostat with CQC? Deane Johnson 69 21,628 07-15-2016, 07:45 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Thermostat Interface - Gestures jokermac 8 5,353 08-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: dgage