Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One ring to rule them all. Does it really exists?
I'd rather not get started. Not watching TV has been a huge benefit in my life over the last fifteen'ish years I guess, so best not to let technology seduce me back into it under a different name.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
i know. we cut the cord back in 2008, got it again in January and the TV has been on ever since.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
I used to be a non TV'er myself. Once, in a group walk down to the cafeteria during grad school, everyone was chatting about characters from Seinfeld. I held my tongue as to not appear ignorant, even though the story seemed terribly interesting. I finally had to ask: "Is George one of the new first years? Who's his advisor since I haven't met him yet". The silence was near deafening, then the laughter was. Then one of my classmates came to my rescue and commented about how many extra hours a week I had to study or work. I held my tongue as I confessed to myself that all those extra hours just went to my sailing obsession on the weekends.

Moral: TV is a black hole for time, just like the Internet. Use with caution.
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
TV is getting to be as good as movies now-a-days. Go watch Daredevil on Netflix and see if you can walk away :-) You'd be much better off watching that TV show than the stupid Ben Affleck movie. Kingpin deserves a friggin Oscar.

I really don't see much difference between doing one or the other if you get your TV on demand. If anything a TV show might be better for you time-wise because you don't have to commit to a two hour plot line.

I am a TV junkie. Sickbeard+Plex is an awesome combination.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
rtarver Wrote:FWIW, I couldn't break it last night with about 15 minutes of playing. I'll see how the lights do tonight (scheduled events).
rule #1, things will never break when you have the time and will power to fix them.... so just wait till a time when having it break will be the most inconvenient/embarrassing/etc....
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...