Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counting not-ready Elk Zones
For their Elk keypad screens, has anyone come up with a way to count the # of not-ready zones and displaying them just like on an Elk keypad?

Or are folks not using keypad emulator screens?
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
I thought the V2 driver kept such a list? Oh, it looks like it's a list of currently active alarms. Would that be of any use?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:I thought the V2 driver kept such a list? Oh, it looks like it's a list of currently active alarms. Would that be of any use?

Oh I must have missed that. I was looking "x" zones not ready so I could click on an icon to see the list of all zones but maybe a list of non secure zones would work. I'll look tonight.
It's one of the things provided by the V2 Security device class.
Dean Roddey
Are you talking about Area_X_Alarms ? I don't see that on the driver list for the Elk. Do I need to do something specific to enable that?

Oddly, I also don't see Area_X_InAlarm or Area_X_ArmMode, but I do see Area_<Name>_ArmUpMode. I'm on V4.7.8.
Yeh, there should be a SEC#Area_xxx_Alarms field for each area that you have defined in the Elk driver config, at least according to the Security device class docs. If the Elk driver doesn't have it, it's not fully compliant with the device class which isn't good.
Dean Roddey
BTW, there's also the backdoor command QAreaAlarms (sent to Devices::QueryDrvText) which will return a quoted comma list of active alarms in a given area, which you can load into a list browser. That's also documented in the Security device class. That might be better for your needs if you want to load a list brower widget to display them, though it won't update on the fly, you'd have to provide a reload button or something.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Yeh, there should be a SEC#Area_xxx_Alarms field for each area that you have defined in the Elk driver config, at least according to the Security device class docs. If the Elk driver doesn't have it, it's not fully compliant with the device class which isn't good.

oh oops, there it is.

I think i'm misunderstanding the documentation, or at least not properly explaining my question.

Right now I have a window open. I see in the Elk driver fields that its not ready. The Elk is Not Ready to Arm. But, the SEC#Area_xx_Alarms field is blank.

What I want to do is pop up a # of zones not ready, or an enumeration of them would be even better.

I currently have 15 windows, 2 doors, and 8 motion sensors (and adding maybe another 3 windows). The window/doors are bypassable to arm, but I have a real estate situation as I mainly use a 5" or 6" smartphone. Fitting 17-20 different zone status & bypass buttons on one screen is unusable, so I'd need two. If I could see what zones are open, I could direct the user to what screen to use to press that bypass button.
Oh, OK. Alarms only happen if the area is armed and there's an issue with the zone. If the area isn't armed, it not considered an alarm.
Dean Roddey
This is the same functionality I am hoping to add to the OmniPro II (perhaps via an Event Monitor), but I haven't had time yet. I find it useful on occasion (like when arming the system before I go to bed) to see if I left any windows open. I am even planning to do something like use TTS to read the list of non-secure zones (if there are any) and then prompt as to whether to continue arming the system.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nuvo Concerto - Best way to turn on all zones. ShockValue 7 4,550 01-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Last Post: SoundVideoDesign
  Hvac 8 zones of controll reaper7 1 1,879 01-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Nuvo Essentia Driver Ready for Testing robertmee 17 7,472 10-15-2008, 04:34 AM
Last Post: robertmee
  2 zones with USBUirt (or more) Target 58 15,139 07-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Target
  Amplifying additional zones MikeMelga 3 2,160 07-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Last Post: MikeMelga
  Another Global Cache Question - Zones znelbok 18 6,077 06-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Multiple Zones - Display Info on IV gizmosrcool 12 4,070 01-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Last Post: gizmosrcool
  Handling multiple zones w/one interface Sendero 6 2,931 01-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Last Post: gizmosrcool
  Zones and controllers sharing interfaces jmwhooper 4 2,520 10-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  ToFirstCaps() macro ready for testing noworries 3 2,086 01-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey