Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Amazon Echo Support
The actual config file you would have to create with a text editor, that's not something you'd do via the Admin Interface. So use Notepad or some such to create it.

Take the example file and paste it in, and strip out one of the actions in the SetMap, leaving the other. Modify the SetMap section to look like this:

Code:
SetMap
    Action=/User/DaddyD/StereoOn
         livingroom stereo, living room stereo, stereo in the living room
    EndAction;
EndSetMap

Now, save that, and speak the command: Alexa, load configuration file. It should respond that it has loaded the file. If not, then something is awry and we'd have to look at it. If it loads it, then go to the Admin Interface and create a Global Action in /User/DaddyD/ called StereoOn. It doesn't have to be DaddyD, whatever you want to use, just change the config file above to match.

In there, just as an initial test, just issue the field write to turn on the stereo and save that. Then say:

Alexax, turn on the Livingroom stereo

and see if it works. If so, you could do some more fancy things, but that would be the starting point. If you look at the Utterances, turn on/off map to the Set family of intents, and all of them will map to the SetMap section of the config file. One of the parameters you get will be the first entry on the line that matched "livingroom stereo" in this case, though there's only one line in the action's block so far. You always get the first entry on each line.

Now you could provide other lines as well, such as:

Code:
Action=/User/DaddyD/StereoOn
         livingroom stereo, living room stereo, stereo in the living room
         familyroom stereo, family room stereo, stereo in the family room
    EndAction;

I.e. this action could be used to turn on a stereo in more than one room. The first entry of whichever line has a match will be passed to your action and you can look at it and decide which thing to do.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(01-06-2017, 03:49 PM)daddyd Wrote: Dean, my fault, I really was too granular, lets say I want to utter which room, how do I set up both the config file and global action (and how do I set this up using the Admin interface but place it in the  cqc\cqcdata\server\data\echo\* directory)?

I would like to say "Alexa, tell control to turn on Livingroom stereo on", I've been struggling to figure out how to do this.

Are you looking for a little how to on how to add your first device?   The relationship between the utterances, the config file and the global actions took me a bit to figure out but once it was figured out it isn't really too bad.  I just bought some video editing tools as my son wants to play video maker and thinking of making a run-through video of how to add a single device as a test case to learn that.  If a little video om how to add a single device is what you are looking for maybe I can throw this video together a bit faster.
Rich
(01-06-2017, 04:49 PM)personalt Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 03:49 PM)daddyd Wrote: Dean, my fault, I really was too granular, lets say I want to utter which room, how do I set up both the config file and global action (and how do I set this up using the Admin interface but place it in the  cqc\cqcdata\server\data\echo\* directory)?

I would like to say "Alexa, tell control to turn on Livingroom stereo on", I've been struggling to figure out how to do this.

Are you looking for a little how to on how to add your first device?   The relationship between the utterances, the config file and the global actions took me a bit to figure out but once it was figured out it isn't really too bad.  I just bought some video editing tools as my son wants to play video maker and thinking of making a run-through video of how to add a single device as a test case to learn that.  If a little video om how to add a single device is what you are looking for maybe I can throw this video together a bit faster.

I'm not the sharpest knife - that would be awesome!
(01-06-2017, 04:14 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Alexax, turn on the Livingroom stereo

Does this mean we can now speak directly and not have to use "Alexa, tell CQC..."?
I finally got this thing to work, i can now successfully turn on the stereo!!! (it definitely helped sleeping on it and noticing this morning that I didn't spell StereoOn correctly in my configuration file)

Now need to figure out how to pass through which room I have asked to turn on, then how to also to tell it to turn off.....
(01-07-2017, 03:15 AM)pinballmark Wrote:

Does this mean we can now speak directly and not have to use "Alexa, tell CQC..."?

Oh, no, that was just a general example. You still have to use the skill keyword. It doesn't have to be CQC of course.
Dean Roddey
(01-07-2017, 10:52 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 03:15 AM)pinballmark Wrote:

Oh, no, that was just a general example. You still have to use the skill keyword. It doesn't have to be CQC of course.

OK, thanks...I thought that might be the case. The simpler way works well with ISY and I'm hoping we can do the same in CQC at some point.
The "simpler way" Smart Home skill you can't modify the phrasing. It requires an OAuth endpoint. I was wondering if maybe Googles OAuth endpoint could be leveraged somehow. Maybe if each user setup their own skill like today, then had OAuth reach out to their own gmail OAuth to authenticate to fake out the OAuth requirement.... but I haven't looked into it too deep. It's getting to the point where we are each going to need our own private cloud setup... Smile
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
I am trying to get CQC to turn on my LG TV and be able to set the source to sage.  Can you do substitutions in the cqc echo config for the 'values' like you can for the 'phrases'  

Example - I want to be able to turn on my tv and set it t play sage.   I have  have 'LG, television, tv' in the map so that I can get it TV to turn on and change source with   'tell CQC to set LG to sage' or 'tell CQC to set television to sage.'  That woks just great.  However, I also want to be able to 'tell CQC to set television to cable.'  Is it possible to put substitutions for the values (like cable) in the config file or do you have the make the value variations part of the rule?  Some logs and my config below

LightsIntent: %(LVar:CQCActParm_1), Key: %(LVar:CQCActParm_2), Parms: %(LVar:CQCActParm_3)

* Key=ABCDEF, Intent=CQCSetToIntent, Phrase=television, Value=cable
* LightsIntent: CQCSetToIntent, Key: LG, Parms: cable                        <- television gets subbed fine to LG but not cable

EchoConfig
MyKey=ABCDEF
EndEchoConfig
RunMap
EndRunMap
SetMap
   Action=\User\Echo\SetLights
     Evan, Evans Room, Evans Room Light, Evan's Room, Evan's Room Light, Evan's Lights, evans lights
     Patio, Patio Lights, patio light
     Front, Front Lights, front light
     Garage, garage door
     LG, television, tv
     Sage, sage,  cable
   EndAction
EndSetMap
QueryMap
  Action=\User\Echo\Queries
  GarageDoor, garage door open
  EndAction
EndQueryMap
Rich
It should be giving you Sage. The only reason I can think it might not is that there's actually some non-printable character between "sage, " and "cable" which is making it think that cable is on a line by itself. There is an extra space there, which may not actually be a space, so delete that space and reload the config and see if that makes a difference.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broadlink Support? Darrie 1 382 01-20-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 508 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Support for MATTER znelbok 0 339 01-10-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  Amazon AWS Message kblagron 1 509 10-16-2021, 03:49 PM
  Amazon Echo integration rhosch 8 1,771 05-15-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  any support for TP Link Kasa natively or third party int? b00ter 1 651 03-13-2021, 06:16 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Echo troubleshooting dlmorgan999 3 917 01-13-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  ISY994i Support simplextech 49 15,327 06-29-2020, 05:21 AM
Last Post: keepersg
  Additional MQTT Support znelbok 5 2,018 05-14-2020, 03:55 PM
  Elk Version Support Issue Ron Haley 20 5,515 05-05-2020, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Shaky