Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Amazon Echo Support
Quote:On #2, I'm pretty sure it loads all the way or you should get an error msg back. If you still had the old stuff, I would think it just didn't load it at all. It definitely wouldn't keep half of the old and take half of the new. It removes all of the data and loads it again, so it can't keep any of the old stuff around. It either has to get all of the new file or it will end up with nothing. So I'm not sure what you are seeing there.

You might be right on it not keeping the old, but here is a case in point, I updated my echcfg.txt file, loaded the echo configuration, and then walked down the entire list I had built to see how CQC/Echo would handle it. Room was quiet, I was right by the Echo. No issues most of the way down, until I got to some of the queries I had put in toward the end. I continued to get the message "CQC does not know how to answer that question", and it was logged and matched an entry in my echocfg.txt file (So I got the intent, but not the CQCQueryIntent) When I reloaded the configuration file, it worked down about 4 or 5 more queries, and then I got the same message again. When I reloaded it a third time, it made it to all of them.

Quote:On #5, you actually see it log that it received e.s.p.n? And you got a spoken error message back? What did it say exactly? Anything else show up in the logs?

On this one, I think it is just the echo interpretation. Sometimes it's e.s.p.n. sometimes its e. s. p. n., sometimes it doesn't have the periods, sometimes it does. I have found that just saying 206 and catching that (which is usually "two oh six") is easier than trying to catch a 4 letter abbreviation that it can interpret 10 or 15 different ways.

One other note, I had built these queries for a fantasy football draft, and one of them was "Alexa ask control who has the worst power ranking". Interestingly this one wouldn't run as a query, it actually ran as a Run Intent. I moved the global action to the RUN section and it worked fine. Not sure if the word "Power" or "has" turns it into a RunIntent, but that is how it works.
There's no utterance that matches a 'who' type question. It may have heard who as run or something like that. As always, bring up the app or web page to see what it's really hearing.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
So, I'm wondering what this might mean in comparison with what's being done with CQC? Since I got lost in grasping this endeavor with CQC many posts ago, I'll just ask.

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/28521...h-premise/
It's basically the same stuff, just of course with some platform specific differences. It's all pretty much dictated by how the Echo scheme works.
Dean Roddey
kblagron Wrote:No issues most of the way down, until I got to some of the queries I had put in toward the end. I continued to get the message "CQC does not know how to answer that question", and it was logged and matched an entry in my echocfg.txt file (So I got the intent, but not the CQCQueryIntent) When I reloaded the configuration file, it worked down about 4 or 5 more queries, and then I got the same message again. When I reloaded it a third time, it made it to all of them.

I see a somewhat similar problem. Take a look at the log screen shot. The command appears to be received and processed correctly, but the global action is not invoked. Then sometimes it is invoked. When the action is invoked, it is loged from Music Action. The phrase and parameters are the same, so I don't know why the action isn't invoked. Any ideas?

[Image: cqcecho.jpg]
What's the action? Is it making any decisions or anything? I presume the logged message is at the very beginning before any decisions, if there are any?
Dean Roddey
What's wierd is that, anything that would keep it from running should send back an error message to the Echo to speak.

I put some more logging into it, to help diagnose this. It will be in 4.7.13.
Dean Roddey
It does send back an error message...something to the effect of "CQC doesn't know how to set music". Of course now it is working fine, so I can't post the exact error msg. I'll keep an eye on it.
OK, so that makes maybe more sense. It's never trying to run the action. For some reason it's not mapping the value correctly.

Oh, I just realized something obvious (in retrospect), which explains all of this stuff. Each worker thread creates it's own handlers for each type of operation (files, images, CML-Bin, and now Echo.) That means that the Echo handlers are also per-worker thread, and each one is loading its own configuration.

So, if you ask it to reload the config, it will only end up reloading it on that particular thread. If you happen to get processed another another thread next time, and that one hasn't been asked to reload the config since the changes were made, then it will have the old config.

Doh! I'll have to move the configuration out into a separate object that is synchronized between the threads. Sorry about that. I'll get this in the next drop.
Dean Roddey
OK, I've got those changes made. I'll test them out tomorrow and get a new drop up that includes them. That's pretty much guaranteed to account for those issues.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broadlink Support? Darrie 1 387 01-20-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 515 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Support for MATTER znelbok 0 344 01-10-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  Amazon AWS Message kblagron 1 516 10-16-2021, 03:49 PM
  Amazon Echo integration rhosch 8 1,779 05-15-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  any support for TP Link Kasa natively or third party int? b00ter 1 656 03-13-2021, 06:16 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Echo troubleshooting dlmorgan999 3 924 01-13-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  ISY994i Support simplextech 49 15,387 06-29-2020, 05:21 AM
Last Post: keepersg
  Additional MQTT Support znelbok 5 2,020 05-14-2020, 03:55 PM
  Elk Version Support Issue Ron Haley 20 5,529 05-05-2020, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Shaky