Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver
wuench Wrote:See if the relay is listening. From a command prompt run:
netstat -ano | find "8585"

You should see something like:
TCP 0.0.0.0:8585 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING xxxx

Got it to run. Had to manually copy ncat.exe to system32 and allow it through the firewall. Driver is connected, so off to playing.

Thanks, Wuench!
Yeah I have a lot of security turned off on my system so I wasn't sure if the copy, etc would fail for others. Was hoping the "run as administrator" would cover it but I guess not.

For reference the install file runs the following commands. The service just spawns NCAT in the background at startup, it never actually shows as running for some reason:

Copy the NCAT file
copy ncat.exe c:\windows\system32

Open Firewall
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="CQC Echo Relay" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=8585

Create the Service w/ Autorun
sc create CQCEchoRelay binpath= "cmd /C ncat.exe -l --broker -p 8585" type= own start= auto DisplayName= "CQC Echo Relay Service" error= ignore

Start the Service (This will error out but NCAT should launch, so I piped the error to NUL)
sc start CQCEchoRelay >NUL 2>&1
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
where do i put the XML file?

mine just sits at initializing, and the log is saying 'failed to load EchoConfig.xml'.

ive tried to place the file in the default location as specified in this thread, and in the spot where CQC defaults (programdata\cqc\some numbers\). neither place works.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
You sure it's not finding it but just isn't happy with your contents?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
it might not be, but i literally copied it line for line from what wuench pasted.

and in posting this i realized why ...

wuench, you have an incorrect closing tag in your example XML for your user action dummy example. soon as i fixed that, it loaded right up.
do the needful ...
... and it works. i need to finish tweaking, but so far so good.

im only testing it as user actions for now, but this seems like it's going to be pretty powerful. Just have to get the syntax of the commands to something that makes sense. "Alexa, turn off The House" opposed to the more natural "Alexa, it's bed time".

i wonder if that will work when Dean gets official support, like "Alexa, tell The House it's bedtime".

good job, wuench! Smile
do the needful ...
I don't think you could really do "Alexa, it's bed time", since there's nothing there to target a custom intent. You kind of have to tell Alexa to tell something (a skill) that it's bedtime. With the thing I'm working on, you could something like:

Alexa, tell Control to set House to Bed Time

or something like that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Has anyone tried Wuench's Cool Temp dim example with something other than lights? I can't get Echo to understand and execute that command (trying to set a thermostat temp with the returned value).

"Alexa dim Cool Temp 75%" for example doesn't seem to work for me.

By the way when I just mention thermostat to Alexa she starts device discovery....strange.
My discover and setup appears to be working. But Echo says "The device or group named office is not responding". Any ideas?

Config:
Code:
<Config>
     <Device>
          <Name>Office</Name>
          <Type>Switch</Type>
          <Moniker>ISY</Moniker>
          <Field>Den_Status</Field>
     </Device>
</Config>

In the LastCommands field, I see
"Office,on,false"
That means the CQC write call to the ISY driver failed and so the driver returned an error back to echo. The driver logs the request regardless of the result....

That's an ISY status field. If that's a card type field you need an onvalue/offvalue. Without those it tries to write true/false so it only works for Boolean fields.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RunTimer2 driver rbroders 18 6,019 Yesterday, 04:38 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Writing Driver - Varying commands based on checksum gReatAutomation 3 307 07-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Samsung HLxxA750 DLP Beta Driver jrunde 37 19,627 07-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  New Driver - How hard would this be? kblagron 4 860 05-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  Cytech Comfort Driver znelbok 6 788 04-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  OpenHAB Driver whozeawhat 6 2,627 01-16-2019, 06:45 AM
Last Post: greymatter
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 14 4,373 01-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  XBMC Driver wuench 428 190,924 12-28-2018, 11:07 AM