Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VRCOP via Elk vs native: Any difference?
Is there any reason to use the VRCOP via a native driver versus the Elk?

For some reason my lights like to go red in the native driver. I think going via the Elk would be less touchy. Since I'm doing associations / active notifications, if I stick with lighting, is there any benefit to using a native driver versus the Elk? I don't think i'd get any lights in red status that way.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
The new V2 driver is a lot better, but of course it only supports units that support async reporting of status. If all of yours do, you could move up to that. But, going through the Elk is fine as well.

I guess, relative to the new V2 driver, you might lose some stuff like battery power level reporting. I'm not sure if the Elk does that type of thing or not. And it might not handle some of the funkier multi-function units or something, I'm not sure. And I guess you'd lose the ability trigger CQC via Z-Wave button controllers, if you are doing that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
i'm on V2 now. Not sure why it loses some of my lights, rendering me unable to send them any commands.

I forgot about the button controllers, let me look at that.
Since it only uses units that send async info, typically the only reason it would go into error mode is that it got something from the unit it didn't understand, or at some point it decided it hadn't heard anything in a lot time and tried to ping it and didn't get a response.

But it should try it again, or if it were to get any notification from the light during that it should catch back up. If you can get one into that state, try going to the light and changing it there and see the driver catches up. If so, that will be useful info.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Actually I just realized its probably too big of a jump from the red switches to the functioning ones, all the ones in the middle were ones I had to pull due to wiring issues. (they're removed in the RFIT & zWave network).

I'm having an electrician come out to run new wires to 7 locations between the red switches & the VRCOP, i'll post back here if adding those 7 do the trick.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Native amazon echo implementation NishanF 62 18,204 05-17-2020, 07:47 PM
Last Post: lapointe.sc@gmail.com
  VRCOP Problem wusupwchu 2 2,796 11-10-2016, 05:52 AM
Last Post: wusupwchu
  VRCOP User Action Configuration potts.mike 30 10,451 05-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Last Post: potts.mike