Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to run on a specific day(s) of the week
I have an action that I want to run on specific days - to make it easy, Monday to Friday only.

I was going to use IsInRange and use the day number, but that's the date and not the day number of the day in the week.

How to I run a triggered event on specific days only without creating a crap load of If statements.

The If IsInRange actually works well if the day number was 0-6.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
One way to go about it would be to create a Time variable and set it to now. Then use the System::FormatTimeVal command to format it. Indicate you want to use the PATTERN type format, and set the format to %(A), which will format out the day of the week by name. If it's not Saturday or Sunday, then it's a weekday.

We could probably use a nicer way to do this sort of thing. I'll put it on the list.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks

Having the day as a number I think make the most sense as it is easier to manipulate. But it is at your discretion.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
I think also an IsWeekDay or IsWeekend would be useful.
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
Yeh, that's what I was going to do. IsWeekDay() handles one side, and negating it handles the other side.
Dean Roddey
Yes, but if you don't want say Monday then what do you do.

If you have Sunday as 0 to Saturday as 6 then IsInRange allows you to do wed to fri, sat & sun and any other combination of sequential days.

Isweekday and IsWeekend are two subsets of the above.

Checking for a single day is easy as well then when its on a number to be used.

Just my 2 cents

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
The same command could also return the day of the week number.
Dean Roddey