Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Screen IV on Win8?
I assume this is working - but my little tablet won't actually 'full screen'

I think its trying to scale inside of the window. So I hit full screen, but I can still see the taskbar and the top bar, except there are no longer any words or icons.

Anyone else see this behavior?

FYI, the tablet resolution is 1280x800, and i set my template to 1280x800.
Some other folks have mentioned something similar on Win8, but others don't seem to have the issue, so I'm not sure what is is. When you say you hit full screen, you mean in the IV menu, right?

One thing is that 'full screen' means the area available after any fixed OS bars and such. So you have to turn off always on top and turn on auto-hide for the task bar if you truly want it to take up the entire screen and be completely on top.

If you add the /FullScreen option to the start menu item to start it up in full screen mode, does that make any difference?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
ill test it now - i was using the menu, though.
the /FullScreen option seems to be the only way that it works as I expect.

so alls good.
OK, i just tried reading through a couple of threads to no avail.

how do I set the blanker to invoke after a period of inactivity?
There is a command on the Intf. Viewer target (anything not specifically targeting to a widget will be there basically.) I forget the exact name but SetBlanker something or another, which will let you set a time and indicate absolute or based on inactivity.

Doing a search through the Interface Designer technical doc will usually turn up what you are looking for, though it's always possible that something is missing.
Dean Roddey
ok, im confused. i might need a primer on IV construction. could be a good use of a Google Hangout.

i found the SetBlankerOpts and SetAutoBlankMode, but where do I load them? do i put them in the onload of the base template? do i need to run the IV driver on the tablets themselves and do it that way?
Just call them in the onpreload of the base template. They aren't any different than other commands, it's just that they are targeting the IV itself, instead of a specific widget.

You could also of course, in some utility screen, allow the user to control these things and call these commands in response to the user entering some configuration options. But mostly folks will just call them in the onpreload of the base template and then they are set forever more.
Dean Roddey
this is a guest room IV. it needs to be basic and automatic - so the blanker needs to turn on like a screensaver, and a tap will dismiss it. it has to be really simple for my guests to operate, while keeping some semblance of normalcy to what they'd be used to.

ill put it on the preload and see if i can make this work.
Yeh, just do it on preload and that's all that needs to be done. It'll stay that way until changed, which will never happen, so it'll just stay that way indefinitely.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WebRiva add to home screen fix NishanF 2 1,163 11-16-2020, 08:54 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  WebRIVA Splash Screen gReatAutomation 4 1,616 03-02-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Full Restart without Reboot simplextech 5 1,640 01-24-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  The subscription queue was full, msg dropped Shaky 15 3,651 11-29-2018, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  Bug with Trigger Screen in AI kblagron 2 2,091 09-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  High Level Triggers and Action rules admin screen kfly 1 2,095 11-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  OnFlick - swipe or flick navigation on a touch screen. NightLight 2 2,283 08-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: zra
  The RIVA Comm Buf Mgr pool is full and cannot be expanded any further zra 52 23,307 05-14-2017, 08:54 PM
  IV start in full screen George M 2 2,411 01-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Last Post: George M
  Question on the Blank Screen Feature kblagron 5 3,161 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM