Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which leviton switch (not dimmer) is compatible with v2 drivers?
I am looking at maybe getting one or two of them in order to help with repeating encrypted signals and for the switches that are far away (so polling is having an issue). But when I check the cleint side drivers, none of the swiches listed under leviton are regular switches, They are all fans or dimmers.
Te only one is the RZI06-1LX, which seems to have been discontinued and replaced with the VRS15-1LZ.

Thanks
The VRS15 should be fine. We'll have to do a device info file for it, but that's not a problem.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thank you.
I dont see any comment on their website about it supporting encrypted signal. Do you know if it does?

Thank you
Yeh, it does. This site is useful:

http://www.z-wave.com/find_products/remote_controllers

Use the criteria on the left to look for units. Once you find one, select it. One of the options on the resulting page will be a link to a PDF that indicates it's Z-Wave capabilities. Sometimes they aren't available but for the better stuff it is. Beaming and security and 128 bit security are three things specifically called out mid-point in those documents. That one does support beaming and security, though not 128 bit security.
Dean Roddey
What am I losing by not getting the 128 bit? I dont want to have to go and purchase new switches again.

Thank you
I'm not really sure how 128 bit encryption is used in Z-Wave. I think that older modules had 56bit, which is pretty useless these days. Obviously the light probably doesn't need it, and I'm not sure if a module that you mainly want to use as a relay/strengthener has to support it in order to do that job.

I.e. I guess it can still pass on the encrypted msg, it just can't read it. If that's the case, only the actual end points of the encrypted conversation would need to support it (e.g. a lock and the VRCOP.) And I think that's how it works. So likely only locks (currently) would actually implement that, and the only ones I have currently in the device info files so far done that indicate support for it are the locks.
Dean Roddey
Hi,

Was a device driver info ever written for the VRS15-1LZ and the VRS05-1LZ? I had purchased enough to replace most of my Jasco's but want to make sure they will get the full benefits of v2.

Thank you
The VRS-15 is there. I don't see the 05. But those types of modules are fairly easy to do a device info file for, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. We just need to find the info, which appears to be here:

http://products.z-wavealliance.com/produ...ename=True

So it should be straightforward to add support for it since it's very simple.
Dean Roddey
I had missed the VRS-15 as I was selected on a dimmer at that time, but yes it is there.I have to take the dimmer of the wall to see what the model number of that one is so that can hopefully be loaded up.

Thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emotiva XMC-2 Drivers? Darrie 1 347 01-06-2022, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
Big Grin ZWave & Switch Remotes / Dimmer Remotes gReatAutomation 6 2,375 01-16-2020, 07:05 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  CQC Drivers, License and Upgrades simplextech 4 1,630 01-09-2020, 09:22 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Leviton DZR15-1RZ Receptacle - NoAutoMatch gReatAutomation 11 3,380 05-23-2019, 09:42 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Deleting Drivers From AI "Add Drivers List" kblagron 1 1,025 05-16-2019, 09:18 AM
  What CQC compatible sound system can support 14 rooms? ghurty 14 7,268 08-05-2018, 07:18 AM
Last Post: zra
  What device model to put for a Jasco/GE switch? And a questions about V1/V2/V3. ghurty 1 1,651 05-16-2018, 09:06 PM
  Drivers and Hardware List wusupwchu 3 2,154 02-20-2018, 04:35 PM
  Sonos Drivers kjaerligkatt 66 26,684 02-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Updated to V2 media drivers tom 8 4,201 11-26-2017, 11:10 AM