Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVDProfiler
Lacking the immediate resources to start burning my 700+ library of DVDs, I'm going to try and quickly setup the dvdprofiler repo to launch my Sony 777s. I know this has been hashed out that this is 'so old school'. But, time is precious and I haven't bought a sufficient RAID system.

I have the xml loaded into the repository. However, when I try and access the location/slot using the media repo text widgets (trying to add to the auto-gen interface so I can see the source), I don't see the variables for location and slot.

I setup a generic Dune player so I can use auto-gen to create my interface. I'll then go back and modify the 'play' action.

Has the dvdprofiler driver dropped those fields?
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
One of the runtime values you'll get when a collection is clicked in the CAB is the location info. That should be in the form changer.slot. You'd have to break that apart into separate values. The changer will be the moniker of the changer (assuming you set that up correctly in DVDP.) So you'd send whatever command is necessary to select the indicated slot on that driver.

The variables target has a SplitAt command that should split a variable at a given index. So you'd do something like:

1. Copy the location info to a local variable, probably called something like LVar:Moniker.
2. Find the index of the period within that value, using LocalVar::Find.
3. Use LocalVar::SplitAt to split it, putting the second half into a variable like LVar:Slot.

You will now have LVar:Moniker and LVar:Slot to use to send the appropriate command.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Here is my 'real life' example of the code I use in the 'play' command of a movie preview popup screen. I am setting global vars based on the movie location.

Code:
If GlobalVars::Find
    P1=GVar:SelectedMediaLocType
    P2=LVar:TemporaryIndex
    P3=Changer
    P4=False

If GlobalVars::Find
    P1=GVar:SelectedMediaLocInfo
    P2=LVar:TemporaryIndex
    P3=Sony1.
    P4=False

GlobalVars::SetVariable
    P1=GVar:SelectedMediaActiveChanger
    P2=Sony1

Devices::FieldWrite
    P1=Scaler2.SWTCH#Source
    P2=Component 7
    P3=True

P1=PrePro.MainSource
    P2=Audio 1
    P3=True

Else
    P2=Sony2

P1=Scaler2.SWTCH#Source
    P2=Component 8
    P3=True

P1=PrePro.MainSource
    P2=Audio 2
    P3=True

End
    P1=GVar:SelectedMediaActiveDisc
    P2=%(GVar:SelectedMediaLocInfo)

GlobalVars::DeleteSubString
    P2=0
    P3=6

P1=%(GVar:SelectedMediaActiveChanger).CurrentDisc
    P2=%(GVar:SelectedMediaActiveDisc)
    P3=True

System::Pause
    P1=1000

Devices::Field Write
    P1=%(GVar:SelectedMediaActiveChanger).Transport
    P2=Play
    P3=True

Else
    P2=TT

P2=TT

End
IntfViewer::Exit
    P1=True
Mark Stega
Thanks Mark,

I've kludged together some if/then/else routines that will check for power, wait if necessary, then send the appropriate currentdisc command. I haven't tested yet to see what comes up onscreen, but I assume that current disc is synonymous with the disc direct command that plays the main title without the previews.

Along the way I launch the processors and amplifiers and set their inputs. I didn't see any power check feature in your script for the sony players.

My processor is a Sherbourn PT 7030... no driver there so I'm having to use the generic serial passthrough.

I'll probably go through your script more carefully once I get a working product and want to clean it up and make final versions. My hope is to be able to preview available movies on my iPad, then launch from there. Launching should then overlay a control scene that has the usual transport buttons as well as amplifier control. Need to script in the projector control too with the driver you wrote. Only problem I see there is there are more than 5 aspect ratios and the projector only has memory for 5. I'll need to do a logic scheme to figure out if I need to go to the next higher or lower AR memory on the projector.
Flamin' Noobie...
Mark,

How are you extracting the Aspect Ratio if you need to set zoom on your projector equipment? I can set the AR in media widgets, but am not sure how to pull it out and put it in a GVar, or reference it to compare it to a fixed value.

I'm going to do a series of <= checks, successively setting the lens memory option to the next higher memory and then call that memory at the end of the if series.
Flamin' Noobie...
You'd probably be better off figuring how to just modify it so that it comes out as the actual value you want to write to the field, instead of trying to compare it to something. What format does the projector require for the set AR operation?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
rtarver Wrote:Mark,

How are you extracting the Aspect Ratio if you need to set zoom on your projector equipment? I can set the AR in media widgets, but am not sure how to pull it out and put it in a GVar, or reference it to compare it to a fixed value.

I'm going to do a series of <= checks, successively setting the lens memory option to the next higher memory and then call that memory at the end of the if series.

I don't worry about it - I have a Lumagen video processor that converts everything to 1080p. The only time I have to set AR (on the Lumagen, not the projector) is when I play a non-anamorphic DVD. I think I have 4 or so of those out of 950 titles. I set the processing manually.
Mark Stega
AR is set through the JVC driver you wrote, so it's through that field that is enumerated (1-5). I guess I can pull from the widget's text value after it's set.
Flamin' Noobie...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mymovies vs. dvdprofiler vs. jriver rtarver 4 2,448 09-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  DVDProfiler Runtime Trioxide 5 2,334 04-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Last Post: wuench
  MyMovies2 or DVDProfiler flik 17 5,312 05-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Last Post: batwater
  Need DVDProfiler Example for converting from MyMovies XML CalypsoCowboy 12 5,533 05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  DVDProfiler and loading Ripped DVDs penngray 11 3,756 12-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Last Post: fivestar