Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global-Cache-iTach-Wi-Fi-WF2IR with CQC
I need to control a motorized shade on another floor and can't easily run wire to it.

I am thinking one of these would work, but I'd like some advice and comments from others. I've returned so much stuff to Amazon lately that I don't want to wear out my welcome with them and order something that has to be returned.

Has anyone used an Itach item like this with CQC? Is is workable? I don't see a specific driver listed, am I dead in the water on this approach?

I only need to send an UP and a DOWN IR code to one shade.

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-iTach...=itach#Ask

Thanks for your thoughts.

Deane
All of those guys are supposed to look like a GC-100 to the driver. So you would just use the GC-100 driver with it. I know some folks have used some of the variants of those, but hopefully someone can kick in who has used the IR one.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Mine works fine with the GC-100 driver. I haven't had any issues. Just don't do what I did and connect an IR repeater/splitter (Xantech) directly to the GC without their optically isolated cable. Apparently it is a good way to blow an output/input. Ask me how i know. :-x
Thanks Joe for your response. I just ordered one, I'll report on the results.
What about the iTach Flex? These are smaller again and are very flexible in configuration. Are they using the same API as the rest of the GC products?
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
I'm not sure, but I just got one. I had to send my GC-100 back and get its nose powdered, because it was dying of old age. They just sent it back and though I haven't opened the box yet, supposedly they sent me a Flex thingy as well.
Dean Roddey
I just got my WF2IR delivered tonight by UPS. Cute little thing. Looks nicely built. I'll probably get to play with it tomorrow (Saturday) and report how it works out.
Life is never simple. The Itech defaults to the same ip address as the GC-100. I haven't gotten it recognized by anything yet so it's back in the box. I sent an email to Global Cache asking how to approach this since I already have a GC-100 on the network at the same address as the iTach wants to use.. Being the weekend, it's probably dead until next week.
You can easily change the ip of the itach. Simply turn off your gc-100 temporarily (so there isn't a conflict). Connect to the itach with a Web browser and change the ip to something that doesn't conflict. Let me know if you have any questions. I am running 3 itach with no issues.
And I guess the other thing is, do the same with the original GC-100 (though you'll have to update the CQC driver to match) so that the default is always available if you add another one, long enough to move it to another address.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Global Cache GC-100 - How to add IR Code??? Deane Johnson 7 2,726 11-25-2019, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  global actions and lighting groups jkmonroe 11 7,603 06-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  iTach IP2SL potts.mike 1 1,737 04-06-2015, 10:22 AM
  IR code / Global Cache question ControlFreak 11 8,482 11-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Last Post: MikeA
  IP2SL Global Cache maxxsinner 7 4,624 06-08-2014, 02:16 PM
  Global Cache GC-100-18 help... AnthonyZ 33 9,071 06-03-2009, 10:07 AM
  variable (Local & Global) replace function question znelbok 8 3,919 02-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Global find/replace Sendero 2 1,809 02-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Sendero
  Another Global Cache Question - Zones znelbok 18 6,080 06-27-2008, 09:46 AM
  Using the global cache relays? notyou 1 1,720 02-08-2008, 09:51 PM