Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to connect to VRC0P
Be sure to delete any now no longer valid modules (the ones you removed) and save those changes, so that the driver isn't trying to talk to something that doesn't exist.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I did delete everything that was dead.

I still have two dimmers that won't respond in CQC. The show up in the selection list and look normal in the Client Driver Setup. In the field browser, they are in red and say that they are in a "state of error". Sounds deadly.

They operate normally from Installer Tool.
They may be iffy in terms of response. The installer tool doesn't need to keep ongoing communications with units, so they can be flakier and it won't notice it much unless it's bad. The V1 driver, since it has to poll for status for many units, requires that they be very responsive.

You could do the log capture again, this time just start the log server and force a rescan. Once it completes the scan, it will try to get current values for all of the units, and we should see any error it throws. I'm guessing it probably will just be a not responding error.

Are these dimmers in any area that would be further away from other units or maybe has large metal stuff between them an other units that would be their neighbors?
Dean Roddey
Based on your latest post, I turned "polling" off that I had turned on earlier. That cured the problem.

It's the little things that kill.
That will mean that you can't get the current state of those units though.
Dean Roddey
True, so what do you think is a workaround, if any. I had them set for 5 seconds. I have a couple of others set that way also, but they aren't affected. All are Leviton.
If they are Leviton ones, you probably should be able to check the 'async reporting' check box (or something along those lines), and they should report their status asynchronously, which would get rid of the need to poll. They would still need to be readable on startup. Definitely do that for any of them that can support that, and most all of the Leviton ones do. That will also greatly reduce the amount of lag time between when you make a change at the switch and when the CQC driver sees it.

Try it first on one of the working switches. Flip the switch and see if you see the change. It should happen quickly.
Dean Roddey
Seems to be pretty close to two minutes. I noticed when I checked the box that the greyed out polling interval suddenly showed 120, then changed to disabled.
When you enable async reporting, it does the slowest polling interval, which is two minutes. That poll is really just a 'is it still alive' type check, not really polling. It will be depending on the async reports to know what the current state is. If it's taking two minutes, then that means it's not seeing the async report and it's just getting picked up on the next slow check.

What model dimmer is it exactly? It does need to be associated with the VRCOP, but I would have thought that the Leviton software would do that on its own (assuming your are using the Leviton software.) But, one way or another you do need to have the VRCOP associated with the dimmer so it'll send out reports.
Dean Roddey
I did some looking around the internet and it appears that Cooper and Leviton are the only two brands that will allow the "associations" to be implemented. It is apparently done in the Installer Tool software.

I'll tackle that another day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extron 200 and now Crosspoint 300 no connect AceCannon 1 1,557 07-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  New VRC0P 3 appears to be working Deane Johnson 8 3,949 11-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  System crashed, unable to get it going again. Deane Johnson 43 12,710 11-11-2014, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Determined to finally get Z-Wave VRC0P Working Hiller 121 30,403 08-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Elk Driver Waiting to Connect in 3.02 electriclight 8 2,758 07-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Last Post: electriclight
  Client Unable to Connect to the Master Server MavRic 9 3,077 06-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Last Post: MavRic
  Elk driver not connect Trioxide 4 2,229 06-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Trioxide
  Serial connect Denon 3805 EST 15 5,129 04-29-2009, 05:33 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Using Domain - now computer won't connect sic0048 17 5,170 03-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Unable to connect CQC to C-Bus trouble 9 2,916 01-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Last Post: znelbok