Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancelling Blanker causes triggering underlying button
Mark Stega Wrote:That's OK; What program do you execute to get to CQC from the iPad?

This may sound a little stupid, but I probably don't know. It's the "CQC Client" on the iPad that I downloaded from Apple. I don't remember the initial setup whether I did anything in Administrator or not. It seems it worked pretty automatically. I don't remember how I initially got the iPad to look to the CQC server for it's information. I haven't found a place to edit that information at this time.

There are some disadvantages to an 80 year old memory.:-)
Deane Johnson Wrote:This may sound a little stupid, but I probably don't know. It's the "CQC Client" on the iPad that I downloaded from Apple. I don't remember the initial setup whether I did anything in Administrator or not. It seems it worked pretty automatically. I don't remember how I initially got the iPad to look to the CQC server for it's information. I haven't found a place to edit that information at this time.

There are some disadvantages to an 80 year old memory.:-)
Not a problem; What you are running is the third party RIVA client written by Brian Mount. I'll leave it to Dean & Brian to explain how the blanker works in RIVA mode (I don't know). But Dean's previous explanations were based on the belief that you were running the standard interface viewer so you can ignore those since they are predicated upon the creation of another Windows window (if that makes sense) by the IV client. The RIVA client isn't doing that, so stand by.
Mark Stega
If I should be running something else, I can certainly change.

I will say that this one is very fast, or at least something is. Response of my devices seems to be noticeably faster than with Elve.
Deane Johnson Wrote:If I should be running something else, I can certainly change.

I will say that this one is very fast, or at least something is. Response of my devices seems to be noticeably faster than with Elve.
For now that is the best choice. As of 4.7 there will be an option of an autogenerated client that will run in Safari on Apple devices. If that works in your scenario it can be considered. It all depends on how many of your needs are met with device drivers that are V2 compliant and how much functionality the autogenerated interface provides. If you want to keep up and possibly influence the outcome, you should consider following along with the 4.7 betas, generating interfaces for the standard IV and then trying (when available) the browser based version of the same. 4.7 betas should be pretty safe as the work is mostly in the periphery of autogen & browser client so I would be pretty confident that you can use the betas in production without much risk.
Mark Stega
So, for the time being, what I have in operation is OK? I have dead places along the bottom of the screen I can tap for screen retrieval without hitting a widget.
You should post about your issue over in the Third Party -> iOS section of the forum where Brian can see it and you guys can probably work out what the issue is and probably he can fix it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trigger on Russound F1 button xlurkr 6 2,017 06-01-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  How to copy/paste command button on template Deane Johnson 1 945 04-17-2020, 02:18 PM
  Button Generator gReatAutomation 0 908 02-28-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Wireless and attractive CQC "button"/keyfob? IVB 5 3,426 06-22-2015, 06:20 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Field Incr/Decr Button Widget khill 15 8,088 05-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Include Variable in button text? rtarver 3 2,392 09-24-2012, 05:34 PM
  Easiest way to create a "check box" button that has more than two choices potts.mike 7 3,488 02-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Last Post: potts.mike
  button titles and days potts.mike 11 4,697 10-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Triggering an email on log errors potts.mike 9 3,674 09-23-2009, 07:30 PM
  Insteon Triggering Question 1080iAddict 0 1,317 07-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Last Post: 1080iAddict