Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System crashed, unable to get it going again.
It appears to now open normally from the start menu.

I don't know what RDP is. I may have switched resolutions yesterday, then right back again.

I have been messing a lot with open windows and open software while working on the design of the touch screen. I am suspicious I had so much activity going on with graphics and windows that something certainly gotten crosswise in the road.
You mean without doing the /NoState thing, or after doing the /NoState thing?

If it's after the /NoState thing, then do this:

1. Stop any of the CQC client programs
2. Go to:

C:\ProgramData\CQCData\

3. There should be a directory in there with a long numerical name. Delete that directory. You may not be able to see that director in the windows explorer interface, since it may hide it from you. You can always do it from the command prompt:

rd /s xxxx

where xxxx is the directory name. You don't have to actually type it, you can hit the tab key and it should insert the name for you.

If all of the programs come up correctly again after that, then somehow the local program configuration (where the programs store window positions and stuff like that) got corrupted somehow. Go ahead and try it and see if it works, and then we can keep an eye on it moving forward.

There are some special cases where it can sometimes happen when using RDP (each time accessing it via a different resolution), but I've not heard of it just happening for no particular reasons, so it's something we should keep an eye on.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I want to be sure I know how to stop any client programs. Explain so I don't fowl something in the process.

EDIT: I haven't stopped any client programs yet, but I do have CQCData open and there are two of those directories with long numbers. Both dated 11/3 at two different times. Do I delete both of them?
Oh, those are just the Admin Interface, Interface Editor, etc... the stuff you start from the start menu. So just close them. If you have the CQC tray program running, you can stop it as well. I'm not sure where the tray is in 8.1, but if you installed that then there should be a CQC entry in there, Right click on it and select exit to close it.

The only reason you need to do this is because if any of them have it open, you won't be able to delete the directory. If you try to delete it and it says access denied, it's just because something is running that has files open inside it.
Dean Roddey
Does 8.1 have any sort of virtual desktop stuff where the desktop is bigger than the actual monitor area or something like that? If so that could be similar to the RDP scenario I mentioned above and might be something that has to be taken into account. I.e. you could close a program while it's in that virtual area and then when you re-open it later, the screen is scrolled differently and it causes an error when it tries to calculate its screen position.
Dean Roddey
The both deleted.

CQC Viewer still will not open.
Can you do the same /NoState command as above but for the viewer:

CQCIntfView /NoState

Does that make it happy? I can't imagine how that would work if deleting the configuration files doesn't do it, but try it just as a sanity check.

Do the other programs open ok now?
Dean Roddey
I've been having a lot of trouble with the size of the viewing window.

With the iPad resolution being 2048 x 1536, I can only see a small part of the frame on my 24" monitor running at native of 1920x1080

It seems to be about 4 or 5 times the size of the monitor area.
Oh, and again, I shouldn't make assumptions. When you say the viewer won't open, do you mean the iOS client our or interface viewer? If you mean the iOS client, the /NoState command above isn't going to help, because that's our viewer that you are running there.
Dean Roddey
It does not open using the No State method.

It brings up the log in window, then when I click on LogIn, it disappears.

Yes, I mean the viewer on the PC, not the client. The client is still trying to reconnect.

BTW, I was working heavily with those Overlays when things went south. I don't know what may have caused it, so I try to mention everything.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System::Pause gReatAutomation 1 494 09-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  GE Heavy Duty 40 Amp Outdoor Switch (14285) / Misting System gReatAutomation 0 807 06-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Adding custom tiles/overlays to the auto-gen system Dean Roddey 1 1,642 07-20-2018, 08:14 PM
  System Config tom 35 13,296 01-12-2018, 09:02 AM
  New HVAC System - Nest? dgage 5 4,206 05-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Last Post: dgage
  Keep system from sleeping George M 8 6,397 01-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Last Post: wuench
  Porting Auto-Gen Music Templates to Existing System TurboSam 4 3,264 08-31-2016, 01:08 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  Need help to get a working system on CQC ellisr63 26 10,833 10-19-2015, 05:05 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Kiosk Error: "No CQC System ID was set" TurboSam 3 2,988 07-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  Unable to connect to VRC0P Deane Johnson 19 4,542 11-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson