Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to paste IR codes for the GC-100
Unless you changed it during installation, the server will be on the default port that the client is looking for and you shouldn't have to do anything else on the CQC side of things.

There's probably some diagnostic stuff on the iOS client. Post over in the 3rd part section of the forum (iOS subsection) to probably get more help on this.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Does the user acct. your using have a default template specified in the admin interface of CQC?
Oh, duh! I forgot to mention that. The RIVA clients are limited to only opening the template that is set as the default for the user account you log into (for safety purposes, since they are often used outside the home.) You can still of course load anything else that the initial template lets you get to, but you have to start out at the default template assigned to the user account.

For safety (also) typically you create Limited user accounts for that sort of thing, since even if you lose one, it can't really do that much damage. So you create an account like RIVAClient, set it to limited rights, and assign it the template you want to allow that user account to access.
Dean Roddey
I found where you specify the landing template. It's much like Elve. Since John was a CQC users before starting Elve, I'm not surprised he had several similar things.

I'm still not getting in. I did not create an account for me, but rather simply added my password to the Admin account. I wonder if that is affecting anything.

BTW, as I began to learn a tiny bit, I'm really liking CQC. It's a lot like Elve on steroids.
Be sure the upper/lower case is correct for user name and password. If you post in the iOS area, more of the folks who use it will see the question and probably can give you some better guidance.
Dean Roddey
I'll give that a try Dean.
Here is one thread in that area that may be something you should look at:

http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sho...hp?t=11588
Dean Roddey
Oh, and another thing you can always do as a sanity check is to run the Windows RIVA client. It should be in the Start Menu, and see if it works. If so, that rules out any issues with the server.
Dean Roddey
I looked through everything I could find on the start menu, but didn't find anything relating to CQC in any of the paths that start there.

If someone could give me a specific target to look at, I could be more certain. I think it would be very useful in solving this to know if its the server or the iPad that's not set up right.

I'm using Windows 8.1.

I appreciate any help.

Deane
In the Start Menu (the CQC part) it shows up as Remote Viewer Client.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to copy/paste command button on template Deane Johnson 1 840 04-17-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Useful Site for Copy/Paste Unicode Characters gReatAutomation 0 948 09-14-2019, 06:32 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Copy and paste an Overlay Andre 2 2,501 12-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Andre
  Samsung PN58B860 IR Codes - GC-100 potts.mike 4 2,777 03-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  IR codes for GC100 EST 12 4,322 09-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Ir Codes eded9698 3 2,054 08-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Last Post: eded9698
  Tutorial: Learning IR Codes With The GC-IRL zpollock 5 3,280 07-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Last Post: ToyMaster458
  Harmon Kardon AVR IR codes needed penngray 3 2,104 05-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Last Post: jpants
  r2di IR codes for sharp tv? pjwinstalls 0 1,276 04-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Last Post: pjwinstalls