Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all Autopatch 4YDM owners !
Hello Folks!

I'm new here and have been reading up on CQC and I think it could well be just what I need but thought I would create a thread and ask for some opinions.
I have recently bought an Autopatch 4YDM master and slave setup and also got hold of another slave unit too.
All 3 units have 32 audio inputs and 16 audio outputs, giving me a total of 96 inputs and 48 outputs.
I understand that the 3rd unit won't work straight away with the other two as they were likely only configured as a pair so I will need to do some configuration adjustments to get them all working together but I know the first two do work (I'm waiting for another RJ12 cable to arrive before I can hook up all 3).

So my first question is are there any 4YDM Pro's here who know the units very well (config wise - YTool etc....) ?
I've read some post from people here owning them but they are all pretty old.

Secondly is there a 4YDM driver already built in to CQC ? Or do I need to find one from somewhere?

I'm looking to download the demo version of CQC to try it out will I be able to get the 4YDM working in the demo or do I have to buy the demo to do that and if so which version and how much is it ?

This system is intended to be used as an audio router in my recording studio hence why I want so many audio inputs and outputs, using a router will be a lot easier than replugging jack plugs on patch bays and hopefully easy to switch setups if I can save presets, What I want to do is have the 4YDM hooked up to a PC via a serial cable and have a cross point matrix of routes displayed on the screen, is this possible witch CQC ?
I don't really need any more functionality that what can be done on the front panel but I would like a graphical view of what is routed to what and maybe be able to save presets of routes for different scenarios.
Is this possible ?
Anyone able to show me some screen shots ?

I realise I'm asking a lot and maybe it's not quite what CQC is intended for or maybe there just are not any users of these units around anymore but here's hoping !

Neil Hester
Autopatch 4YDM System(1xMaster 2xSlaves) as one big audio router.
There is an Autopatch driver shipped, though some of the actual users will be able to give you more info about the ins and outs of it.

You can certainly set up a very graphical routing screen easily enough with CQC's powerful touch screen graphics capabilities.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:There is an Autopatch driver shipped, though some of the actual users will be able to give you more info about the ins and outs of it.

You can certainly set up a very graphical routing screen easily enough with CQC's powerful touch screen graphics capabilities.

Hey Dean
That's great to hear thanks very much!
Can it be setup in the demo version or do I need the full version to get started ?

Thanks!
Neil Hester
There aren't any limitations on the demo version, so you can load any available drivers.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:There aren't any limitations on the demo version, so you can load any available drivers.
Great thanks, I'll download it and see if I can find my way around
Neil Hester
Watch the installation and first few configuration videos to figure out how to get a driver installed. Then use the Learn menu item on the web site to go the device drivers external web content. All of the drivers are documented there. The Autopatch is under Video Switchers. That will tell you the details of the driver.

If you get it installed and communicating, then go to the Admin Interface program and one of the options in the tool bar on the left is a 'Field Browser', which lets you just manually browse through drivers and their fields, and you should be able to test out some manual changes and see if they work.

Next step would be to watch the videos on actions and learn how to configure CQC to make things happen. You could set up some simple hot key actions within the Admin Intf. program to test out setting up actions to change the auto-patch.

At that point, you'd need to dig into user interface stuff.
Dean Roddey
Did you make any progress on this?
Dean Roddey
You can also send a message to Ron Haley... I sold him mine. It is not difficult at all as i recall to control with CQC.
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
Dean Roddey Wrote:Did you make any progress on this?

Not yet as i had to make up a new serial cable and have been pretty stacked out with work but hopefully will get some quality time with it next week, thanks for asking I'll let you know what happens, I thought maybe in the meantime there would be some more users posting some experience here but maybe there aren't so many users these days.
Neil Hester
ellisr63 Wrote:You can also send a message to Ron Haley... I sold him mine. It is not difficult at all as i recall to control with CQC.
Ok thanks!
I'll see if i can look him up when I get mine installed Wink
Neil Hester

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calling global actions from macros dlmorgan999 1 1,668 07-12-2015, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Autopatch 1Y DaveB 2 1,558 01-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Autopatch Ron Haley 3 1,744 07-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  Autopatch Help sic0048 20 6,112 01-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Last Post: dirtracinfan
  CML Driver Question - calling CQCDriverBase Methods from a nested object bph 11 4,940 11-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Last Post: bph
  Autopatch simon 4 1,875 09-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Last Post: simon
  Autopatch Modula George M 5 2,493 06-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Calling one method from another in a class? SamVimes2 1 1,415 02-23-2008, 05:20 PM
  When did the Autopatch commands change? simon 13 4,007 01-31-2008, 03:58 PM
  Dynamically calling fields znelbok 3 1,586 12-19-2007, 12:37 PM