Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Un-blank screen with webcam movement
Is it possible to use the webcam on a windows tablet device to detect movement then turn off the CQC IV blanker?

Would be great to have the screen come back when moving near to a wall mounted screen.

There are a few options for motion detection software, so if there was something with the ability to be monitored via CQC that would be good.
Yeh, you can do that. It does though require that you have the control driver installed on that machine. If you run the installer again on that machine and do fully custom and go to the IV screen, one of the options is to enable the control interface. Check that, and if you haven't got driver support enabled on that machine do that as well.

Then install the IV control driver on that machine. Then you can send it commands through that driver and one of the options is to unblank. If you set up a triggered event to react to the camera motion, then you can send the unblank command in response to that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I probably should have just left well enough alone, but I added a new System::SetIVBlanker command that will let you blank and unblank an IV directly, without having to have the IV control driver installed. You still have enable the control interface, since it uses the same interface that the driver does. But it lets you do it in an IV only type client installation.
Dean Roddey
What about software to detect the movement using the camera, is there anything people have come across that does the detection and also puts out an event of some type that CQC can watch for? thanks.
Some cameras have the ability to send a HTTP get request when movement is detected. I use this with my camera to trigger an event in CQC which in turn brings up the PIP on the TV if it is on (and other things).

This is pretty typical of how it is done for most of what I have seen. Just use the HTTP Get driver that was written for especially this sort of thing.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
That's the kind of thing I'd like it to do, but it's the in built front camera on a windows tablet so would need some software.

Have found some s/w that allows the launching of a script or exe on detecting motion, could those trigger something in CQC?
If you can run a simple program to do an HTTP GET to a particular URL, you can use the HTTP trigger driver to kick off an action. I'm sure that there are plenty of simple command line programs that will take a URL as a parameter and do an HTTP GET on that parameter. That's all it would require.
Dean Roddey
Yes, there are small command line programs out there that do a httpget - I look into this about a year ago and found some suitable solutions. This was all before the HTTP driver was written so I had to do everything with macros in CQC
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WebRiva add to home screen fix NishanF 2 674 11-16-2020, 08:54 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  I cant enter parameters for sizing into the webcam widget. I get errors about invalid ghurty 2 684 04-29-2020, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  WebRIVA Splash Screen gReatAutomation 4 1,081 03-02-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Bug with Trigger Screen in AI kblagron 2 1,724 09-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  High Level Triggers and Action rules admin screen kfly 1 1,770 11-01-2017, 05:21 PM
  OnFlick - swipe or flick navigation on a touch screen. NightLight 2 1,992 08-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: zra
  IV start in full screen George M 2 2,133 01-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Last Post: George M
  Question on the Blank Screen Feature kblagron 5 2,745 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM
  Start Screen pjgregory 1 1,915 02-24-2015, 10:04 AM
  Full Screen IV on Win8? jkmonroe 9 4,176 02-02-2015, 06:14 PM