Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CQC web Server Question
Dean Roddey Wrote:See the post I made over in the Support section. The files and the instructions to install them, are in the first post. There's also technical info there if you want to read it. But basically if you follow the instructions you should be able to what you want very quickly.
I have been looking for the post you referenced, with no luck. Also don't see much on HTTP Trigger in the Technical Docs. Do you have more current information on this?
My Other web server is Dropbox.
Here is the big post I made about the websockets stuff:

http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sho...Websockets

It might have changed slightly since then, so be sure to check the web sockets base class docs. This is the class your server side handler will derive from. So go to the link below and go down to the CMLWSockBase class.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/ExtCont...untime.htm

The HTTP trigger driver basically falls into the IR/RF and serial/IP category. So look to any of the IR drivers or in the Miscellaneous section, the Generic Serial/Socket Trigger driver. It's the same as those except it gets triggered via an HTTP GET operation. It looks like the specifics of the HTTP version never got added to the Serial/Socket Trigger driver document so I need to update that.

But, basically, you train an action for a specific URL. It matches the base part of the URL, and any query parameters are not part of the triggering value, but are passed into the invoked action as action parameters (parameter 2 I think it is.) So

http://DoSomething?Val1=Yes&Val2=No

will be treated as http://DoSomething as the command to match. And the value:

Yes No

will be passed to the 2nd parameter of the action invoked, the values passed are passed in as a space separate set of values. You can use those in your action if you choose, which can be very useful.

Does that make sense?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Did that help any?
Dean Roddey
Yes, thank you.

I've been using HTTPTrigger, and recently trained a new trigger, but it was also triggering other unrelated commands. Then I remembered, training works properly if I use Tasker to train the command, but it does not work properly if I train the command with my Chrome browser. I retrained with Tasker and it works fine.

On the websockets stuff, I ran through the tutorial, but it did not work for me. I had the same problems as some of the other commenters. I don't have time right now to go through all the websockets documentation, but it's on the list.

Interestingly, if I create a text file consisting of simply "$(Lighting.Bedroom)" and make it an .htm file, it will show the current level for that light. I'll need to experiment more later.
My Other web server is Dropbox.
I'll go back to that sample and make sure it's up to date with the latest stuff.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC Server? gReatAutomation 3 1,354 03-23-2020, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Server hardware question rhosch 3 2,111 10-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: rhosch
  Server Hardware for WebRiva greyjeep 4 2,353 08-04-2019, 07:15 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Master server PC Mark Stega 10 3,849 06-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  CQC error installing on server 2016 zane 3 2,142 05-28-2019, 12:07 PM
Last Post: zane
  Basic Z Wave/CQC Integration Question MikeW 6 3,677 12-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MikeW
  master server crash tom 8 3,614 10-21-2018, 04:21 PM
  event and subsequent countdown timer question dogman 9 5,053 05-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Last Post: dogman
  webriva template question lleo 21 11,323 01-08-2018, 08:53 AM
  MS Speech Platform configuration on Windows Server 2012 mbrown 3 4,038 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM