Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAI Omni Pro II Issues [SOLVED]
I am working on my alarm panel and I am really stuck. I am using the V2 driver. The basic setup I want is to hit the alarm source button at the bottom, select the mode on the left, and then enter a 4 digit code. I would like to not have to hit enter and have it complete after the 4th digit is in. This is the same procedure on the HAI keypad and I want to keep it consistent.

[Image: Alarm%20Pic.jpg?dl=0]

The source button and keypad are working fine. My issue is with sending the command to the driver.

The way I have it now GVar:ArmMode is created on preload. When the buttons on the left are selected they write to GVar:ArmMode the appropriate value (Away, Night, etc). This seems to be working OK.

When I hit enter (which as I said above I would like to eliminate) I am not getting any love. My thoughts were to look at GVar:ArmMode and if it is NOT Off then run the Arm if it is off run the disarm.

If Not GlobalVars::SetVariable (Does this set the GVar? IF so how do I read it?)
P1=GVar:ArmMode
P2=Off

EntryFld::SendValue
P1=Alarm.InvokeCmd
P2=ArmArea : Area_1, %(GVar:ArmMode), \%(v)

Else
P1=Alarm.InvokeCmd
P2=DisarmArea : Area_1, \%(v)

End

Thoughts?
You are setting the variable, when you want to be comparing it to a particular value. What's going to happen there is that it's always going to set it to Off, and the return value will only be True if the value changed.

You want to do this, to compare the value in ArmMode, to Off. You could of course remove the Not and just flip the two blocks around the other way as well.

If Not System::Equals(%(GVar:ArmMode), Off)
Else
EndIf
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:You are setting the variable, when you want to be comparing it to a particular value. What's going to happen there is that it's always going to set it to Off, and the return value will only be True if the value changed.

You want to do this, to compare the value in ArmMode, to Off. You could of course remove the Not and just flip the two blocks around the other way as well.

If Not System::Equals(%(GVar:ArmMode), Off)
Else
EndIf

Thanks Dean! I will try that this afternoon.

Does the InvokeCmd part look OK? I don't have multiple areas so is it ok to call out that directly or should I use a GVar or the all area ($all$)?

Any other sugestions?
You could always move the security area name to a global that you set in the main template Preload. That's not uncommon to set overall stuff like there and just keep it around. That way, if you need to do something different in different rooms later, you can handle that fairly easily by just changing those things once and everything else will pick up the change.

The command looks reasonable to me.
Dean Roddey
I updated the InvokeCmd (See below) and that part is now working fine. Thanks Dean!

I have a couple of remaining issues:

1) When I hit enter it runs fine and the alarm responds correctly with what I am asking it to do (Night off, etc) But after it runs the IV shuts down.

2) I was also getting an error looking for the widget named StatusText. This was a widget created when I ran the auto generation and I had removed it from my template. I added it back to get past the error but I can't find what is calling for it. Is there a trigger somewhere?

3) Is there a way to eliminate the need for the enter button and have it run the action below when the 4th passcode digit is entered?

If System::Equals
P1=%(GVar:ArmMode)
P2=Off
P3=Case

P1=Alarm.InvokeCmd
P2=DisarmArea : %(GVar:ArmArea), \%(v)

Else
P1=Alarm.InvokeCmd
P2=ArmArea : %(GVar:ArmArea), %(GVar:ArmMode), \%(v)

End
On #1, can you separate that out into a standalone template that just references the Omni but still causes that problem? Make a copy of it and strip everything out but the stuff related to login and hopefully it'll still cause the issue, then you can send me that and I can look at it.

For #2 bring up the action trace and run whatever it is that causes the error, and you should see where it's happening. It'll be the last command in the window presumably since it'll error out there, and you can look before that and see what was going on.

For #3, You could do that. You'd have to modify the login popup to watch for the number of characters added to the entry field that holds the text. When a new character is added, check the size of the text, which you can get from the entry field, and compare it to 4. If equal, then do what is now currently be done by the entry field.

What CQC version are you on?
Dean Roddey
I got all three of my issues squared away. Thanks Dean!

#1 & #2 were a hidden widget that I found looking through the Palette. I now know to look there first.

#3 is working great!

EntryFld::Append
P1=1

//
EntryFld::GetText
P1=GVarTongueassword

GlobalVars::GetLength
P1=GVarTongueassword
P2=GVarTongueasswordLength

//
P1=%(GVarTongueasswordLength)
P2=4
P3=Case

P1=%(GVar:ArmMode)
P2=Off
P3=Case

P1=Alarm.InvokeCmd
P2=DisarmArea : %(GVar:ArmArea), \%(v)

Else
P1=Alarm.InvokeCmd
P2=ArmArea : %(GVar:ArmArea), %(GVar:ArmMode), \%(v)

End
End

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RadioRa2 HVAC Issues avtexan 67 24,240 10-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Aprilaire T-Stats Issues avtexan 5 3,580 04-17-2018, 06:07 PM
Last Post: khill
  Firmware issues on Harmony Hub? Dean Roddey 0 1,721 08-26-2016, 09:14 AM
  taRiva cxn issues = maybe changing equipment to a dual-usage approach IVB 20 7,309 01-05-2016, 09:11 AM
  Installation Issues with CQC 4.7.1 and WHS V1 kblagron 2 2,472 05-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Issy issues solved??? Deane Johnson 1 2,191 01-20-2015, 05:54 PM
  Logitech Squeeze Center Drive issues jmwhooper 11 6,475 10-06-2014, 01:56 AM
Last Post: jmwhooper
  Omni setup question Dean Roddey 11 6,284 02-10-2014, 12:13 PM
  Omni and UPB and feedback Dean Roddey 6 3,148 07-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Last Post: anogee
  HAI Omni trigger types ControlFreak 13 4,984 06-18-2013, 11:01 PM