Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not seeing loads (lighting) after upgrade to Beta
Hey there,

This evening I upgraded to the latest Beta (4.4.923 at the time of this post) to support in-progress Denon drivers. Those are working just fine, but I'm struggling a little something else.

I use the Auto-Gen functionality because I lack in creativity almost completely. Before, I could pull in Statuses and Switches for each Insteon SwitchLinc I have connected in my home. I use the UD ISY994i to connect to my Insteon PLC, and again, this works just fine in the general release.

Now, when configuring the basic template and/or trying to add rooms, I am not able to see any sources associated with the ISY994, although they're visible through the Field Browser. I've tried the ISY994 driver packaged with the major release and what looks to be an iteration packaged with the beta. Both initialize fine, do not flap offline/online, and have fields controllable through Field Browser. However, neither Driver shows any eligible load device when I try to add it (again, in either the base or the room context).

Any help on where to start here?

Thanks so much for any guidance!

Patrick
Yep, that's to be expected. The new auto-generation system only works in terms of V2 compatible drivers. This was a necessary change because we have to have the standardization of interface in order to make it sane to continue taking the auto-generation (and other things) forward.

The ISY driver will need to be updated to support V2 conventions before it can be used. This isn't a big deal to do, and you might want to check the Drivers section of the forum for an ISY thread and see if one already exists. It might have already been done.

I'm currently in the process of updating as many of the core drivers as I can before 4.5 comes out. I'm doing the Elk driver now. It's a harder one because it's also being substantially improved in the meantime. For most drivers. the ISY included, mostly it's a matter of field names, and sometimes a little conformation to standards that it might not already be doing.

Since this is beta related, I'm moving it to the beta section, so as not to confuse folks still on the 4.4 version.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:Yep, that's to be expected. The new auto-generation system only works in terms of V2 compatible drivers. This was a necessary change because we have to have the standardization of interface in order to make it sane to continue taking the auto-generation (and other things) forward.

The ISY driver will need to be updated to support V2 conventions before it can be used. This isn't a big deal to do, and you might want to check the Drivers section of the forum for an ISY thread and see if one already exists. It might have already been done.

I'm currently in the process of updating as many of the core drivers as I can before 4.5 comes out. I'm doing the Elk driver now. It's a harder one because it's also being substantially improved in the meantime. For most drivers. the ISY included, mostly it's a matter of field names, and sometimes a little conformation to standards that it might not already be doing.

Since this is beta related, I'm moving it to the beta section, so as not to confuse folks still on the 4.4 version.

Thanks as always for the quick reply. Bummer only in the sense that I'm still a few steps behind in terms of grasping CQC an overall product that I'm going to flail a bit in driver customization, but obviously overall good news for product/solution maturity. Couldn't find a v2 driver mention on an admittedly quick search but will give it a more thorough look shortly. Thanks for the help in understanding this!
I am currently working on an updated ISY driver that will include the V2 support as well as some other functionality/bug fixes (if Dean doesn't beat me to it). Its a major rewrite to make it more easier to add support for the ever growing list of devices besides lights like door locks, etc.

But I am trying to get the XBMC one done first, that one has been a WIP for a long while...
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
wuench Wrote:I am currently working on an updated ISY driver that will include the V2 support as well as some other functionality/bug fixes (if Dean doesn't beat me to it). Its a major rewrite to make it more easier to add support for the ever growing list of devices besides lights like door locks, etc.

But I am trying to get the XBMC one done first, that one has been a WIP for a long while...

Thanks wuench! Glad to know someone is working on it - the effort is much appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6.x Beta Release Discussions Thread gReatAutomation 26 3,394 05-09-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  Official 5.5 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 46 13,915 09-23-2021, 03:32 PM
Last Post: jokermac
Video How to Upgrade from 5.X.X to 6.0.X sic0048 8 1,314 07-05-2021, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 6.x Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 2 1,010 04-16-2021, 05:55 AM
  5.5 Beta Discussions Thread Dean Roddey 291 71,743 04-05-2021, 04:10 PM
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 167,556 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 30,301 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 370,511 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 152,262 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 14,129 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM