Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aeotec zwave doors sensor & VRCOP
I have a couple of these sensors that I want to integrate into my network. I have them included in the leviton software and updated the VRCOP. They show up in the client driver but there state never changes. I am thinking that I need to associate the Sensor with the VRCOP so that it sees the async status from the sensor ubt I am not eactly sure how to do this. Do I do it in the Leviton software or in the CQC interface?

Here are the sensors - http://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-DSB04100...574&sr=1-3
It will also depend on how they report their status. There are so many variations and the driver may not yet support whatever device type these guys report themselves as.

One way to check is to pause the driver, connect to the VRCOP with a simple serial terminal, and trigger the sensor open and closed and let's see what it sends out. If you see nothing, then it's not associated and needs to be. If you do see something, we can see how it's reporting itself.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks Dean, I'll report back when I get a chance to test.
I have these - they work great (or do now that I have gotten them to work).

I had to completely redo my ZWave network, but once I did, they work just as expected.

They are just binary sensors (i think - i have since renamed them), and they are associated with the VRC0P.

Oh, and you gotta check the Battery Powered and Async boxes.
Any insight on how to associate them?
You should be able to do it either through the CQC driver interface or the Leviton software.
Dean Roddey
In the Admin Interface, the ZWave driver, click your Aeotec Sensor, hit 'Add Assoc', and set the target to the VRC0P.

potts.mike Wrote:Any insight on how to associate them?
Of course, since it's battery powered, you may need to pop the batteries out and then back in, so that it'll wake up and stay awake for a short period of time and hear the command. Otherwise, it only wakes up long enough to send commands won't be awake to hear you.

This is sort of a fundamental shortcoming of battery powered units. Usually the only way to insure they are awake is to power down and back up. Most of them will stay awake for a couple minutes after that, so that you can send them commands. Some might have a button to make them do that wake up for a while cycle.
Dean Roddey
I got these working fine. The problem was I hadn't woken then up when programming before.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on ZWave & RadioRA2 Multi-Gang and CQC gReatAutomation 1 1,189 01-31-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  ZWave / Add all devices or just as you need them? gReatAutomation 2 1,321 09-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  ZWave integration frustrations kjaerligkatt 166 40,771 01-03-2019, 05:29 AM
Last Post: kjaerligkatt
  zWave, how I hate thee. need to redo network IVB 23 8,126 12-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: IVB
  USB ZWave Controller Configuration bobskie708 6 6,000 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
  VRCOP Problem wusupwchu 2 2,798 11-10-2016, 05:52 AM
Last Post: wusupwchu
  delete zwave devices? jkmonroe 8 5,136 05-23-2016, 08:46 AM
  connecting a zWave relay IVB 3 3,391 02-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Last Post: IVB
  zwave device configuration jkmonroe 75 27,096 12-31-2015, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  VRCOP via Elk vs native: Any difference? IVB 4 2,691 06-21-2015, 06:45 PM