Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot find any UPnP devices?
Hi all

I'm just playing with the basic setup at the moment and trying to add my sonos stuff into the system. It is a mix of Play 1's, 5's and playbars. No bridges.

However I have tried all 3 supplied drivers and none of them can get past the "search for UPnP devices" screen as it does not find any. If I look at my network I can see all the devices and read them fine so it's not a network issue.

Any idea why I cannot see any of the devices through CQC?

Cheers
Mat

***FIXED***

This was a windows 8 firewall issue. Turning the firewall off made CQC work and found my sonos (UPnP device) quickly with no errors. However obviously you should not run a system without a firewall, But I was unable to find the problem so you need to reset your firewall to the default using the "Restore default policy" found in the advanced firewall screen.
The only thing I can think of is that CQC is looking for standard UPnP media renderer devices and those don't report themselves that way or something. I'm not sure if the Play 1's, Play 5's, or playbars are different in that respect from the regular zone players?

Anyone else using one of those models.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I have a play 3 and a play 1 working fine.
I guess it could be something to do with the UPnP support on that particular machine. You could try loading the client tools on another machine and try loading the driver from there and see if it finds them. If so, that would point towards the first machine. Or, if you are already doing it from a separate client machine, try it from the server itself.

That would be a good divide and conquer step to positively point the fickle finger of blame in one general direction or another.
Dean Roddey
Thanks both.

I dont have any other machines to hand at the moment as i have not long moved house.
Do you know if CQC will work with a virtual machine? Either XP or windows 7 i can use. Just thought i would ask before setting one up to find virtual services are not supported or anything.

Cheers
Mat
If you are running in a virtual machine, then perhaps you have to configure UPnP support for it or something?
Dean Roddey
Sorry, I think we got our wires crossed.

I was firstly doing it from windows 7 x64 bit where I get the no UPnP devices found error.

I was asking if I could use a virtual machine instead of another PC as I don't have one to hand. I'm pleased to say that has worked and I am able to see my sonos devices via CQC!
The 3 supplied sonos drivers seem a little short on commands, Are they old versions?

Thanks again
Mat
There are two Sonos drivers. One is for just using it as a regular Zone Player, where you want CQC to see what it's doing and provide basic control over it, but also will be controlling it via the Sonos interface. The other is a standard Media Renderer that uses the Sonos as a passive player and does its own management of the playlist and just feeds files to the Sonos one at a time.

The Media Renderer ones has all of the standard stuff required to integrate it into CQC's media architecture. If you are talking about the ZP, what do you feel is missing?
Dean Roddey
Ah Got it, Thanks. I have found all the commands that I need.

I managed to get it working in windows 8 but you need to disable the firewall.
From what I can see all my UPnP and CQC rules are set to allow however I can select my device now and connect to it. If it turn my firewall back on, the driver state gets stuck at "wait for Comm Resource".

Any idea what rule is blocking this or what one I need to add?

Thanks again
Mat
You should be able to open a Command Prompt as admin, and type this command:

netsh firewall set service type = upnp mode = enable

See if that helps.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Variable Action "Find" command or alternate Shaky 3 246 11-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  [REQUEST] Z-Wave Devices simplextech 2 1,256 01-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Scheduled Events - Cannot find the specified path gReatAutomation 4 1,352 08-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Zwave / Remove unused devices? gReatAutomation 2 1,000 07-25-2019, 02:27 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Can't find a rule/trigger IVB 5 1,988 12-10-2018, 06:03 PM
  Can't Find a Couple of Documented Action Commands kblagron 7 3,578 10-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Can't find CQCServer pjgregory 12 4,601 03-25-2018, 10:37 AM
  Changing Field Values in Devices Tab TurboSam 3 2,151 01-01-2018, 02:47 PM
  Incorporating zWave devices kjaerligkatt 4 3,095 08-14-2017, 08:56 AM
Last Post: kjaerligkatt
  where did the list of supported devices go? indygreg 8 5,959 06-08-2017, 02:21 PM