Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice Recognition?
Ripper Wrote:Daily the wife says something like "You left you office light on" , I usually then say "Computer... lights off!" ..of course it doesnt work and I tell her it will one day..she doesnt seem to be laughing at the joke anymore :-)
C-Bus has a VR module that will do just that....or so the glossy brochure says.

I think it uses the Dragon Dictate VR engine to do the grunt work, but I have no idea how well it works.

BTW the way it knows when you want to give it a command, as opposed to the TV confunsing it, is you teach it a name that you prefix all the commands with, so you literally say COMPUTER.... LIGHTS OFF and apparently all the lights go off :roll:

Cheers

Rohan
HAMFIELD
Software & Hardware Solutions
Makers of the Translink C-Bus Gateway
for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Until you are watching Star Trek and they say Computer... whatever :-)
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:Until you are watching Star Trek and they say Computer... whatever :-)

Perhaps I should call it 'Dean'..... sort of poetic justice really :tounge

Cheers

Rohan
HAMFIELD
Software & Hardware Solutions
Makers of the Translink C-Bus Gateway
for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
rhamer Wrote:BTW the way it knows when you want to give it a command, as opposed to the TV confunsing it, is you teach it a name that you prefix all the commands with, so you literally say COMPUTER.... LIGHTS OFF and apparently all the lights go off :roll:

Yeah Homeseer does it also and I played with it for a bit..never had plans to integrate it whole house or anything but might be handy in my office.

I think I'd feel like a real nerd if friends were over and I said "Computer..lights off" ....sorta like the nerds wearing bluetooth headsets in a loud nightclub yakking away thinking they are cool and everybody looking at them like they are talking to themselves until they realize they have a headset.

I also owned a bluetooth headset but would never wear it in public and used it at home only until I accidentally crushed it one day..I can see taxi drivers and some others having a definite use for them but the casual guy wearing one reminds me of people from back in the 80's that wore those am/fm radio headsets something like this and thought they were cool...something like the coolness of a big Motorola brick phone :-)

[Image: P-ALERT.jpg]

[Image: motorola_brick.jpg]
Gallery | Thermostat Graphics Collection | Alarm Keypad Graphics | XM/Sirius 2009 Logo Collection | HA icon Collection | Insteon switch graphics [URL="http://www.touchscreengraphics.com/cqc/ripper-templates-images-04-13-06.zip"]
[/URL]
I have VR in my car, carputer. Works pretty good as long as the music is not too loud.
My freind had a Clarion AutoPC and it also had VR and worked well when the volume wasnt too loud.

Paul from sbsmarthomes has a neat VR system based on Homeseer using Genter mixers and I've heard a recording somewhere demonstrating him talking to his system..works pretty cool.
Gallery | Thermostat Graphics Collection | Alarm Keypad Graphics | XM/Sirius 2009 Logo Collection | HA icon Collection | Insteon switch graphics [URL="http://www.touchscreengraphics.com/cqc/ripper-templates-images-04-13-06.zip"]
[/URL]
Quote:Paul from sbsmarthomes has a neat VR system based on Homeseer using Genter mixers and I've heard a recording somewhere demonstrating him talking to his system..works pretty cool.

I think though that he also has like $1500 just in VR equipment, right?
Dean Roddey
more - i believe the gentner mixer he has is ~$4K
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Maybe it was $1500 in microphones..
Dean Roddey
The Genter mixers he has were used from Ebay.. I believe he uses Crown PCM mics and I don't think they are really cheap but then again I don't think one would expect to have reliable VR using $9.99 mics or the type you get free with a pc and usually throw away.
[/URL]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Text to Speach Voice George M 2 394 02-10-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: George M
  CQC Voice simplextech 2 1,327 01-19-2020, 11:37 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  CQC Voice setup IVB 4 2,510 06-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC Voice with Acoustic Magic mic Shaky 6 3,668 02-27-2018, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  Test to Speech TTS - No voice available NightLight 1 2,204 12-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  Throwing another (sort of hybrid) voice control option out there Dean Roddey 25 12,876 09-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Announcing CQCVoice - CQC's All Local Voice Control System Dean Roddey 66 44,623 06-28-2017, 10:03 AM
  What is the current state for voice input? pjgregory 4 2,462 08-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Voice Recognition dkemme 5 2,545 11-11-2010, 07:01 PM
  Vista Vs. Dragon for Speech Recognition IVB 15 5,225 06-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Last Post: rhamer