Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omni setup question
So I'm working on a V2 compliant Omni driver, and I'm adding the ability for it to auto-configure by querying info from the Omni. I'm only want to get things that are named, however I can't see any way to name an area from the Omni console. Are areas not nameable? Or maybe only when using their software?

I've never gotten the PC Access software, I just made changes via the console, and since Leviton bought them I don't see how to get to the developer web site anymore. I have an account and I presume I could download the software if I could get to it. Anyone know where that went?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Nevermind, for some reason I tried it again after numerous attempts and it worked. Maybe it was just offline for a bit or something.
Dean Roddey
Oh well, apparently can't download PC access. Anybody know how to rename the areas from the console? Well, I seem to have figured that out as well. When I changed the area number to 2 I could suddenly name them, or maybe I just hadn't found that particular submenu before.
Dean Roddey
So, while I'm asking questions... some things that would help me improve the driver if anyone knows the answers:

1. What zone types actually need the analog loop value?
2. What zone types constitute alarm type zones, i.e. things that would actually need a zone status and should send out zone status triggers?
3. What zone type represents a motion detector? Is it the 'auxillary' type?

Here are the zone types it reports:

Quote:0. Entry/Exit
1 Perimeter
2 Night Interior
3 Away Interior
4 Double Entry Delay
5 Quadruple Entry Delay
6 Latching Perimeter
7 Latching Night Interior
8 Latching Away Interior
16 Panic
17 Police Emergency
18 Duress
19 Tamper
20 Latching Tamper
32 Fire
33 Fire Emergency
34 Gas Alarm
48 Auxiliary Emergency
49 Trouble
54 Freeze
55 Water
56 Fire Tamper
64 Auxiliary
65 Keyswitch Input
80 Programmable Energy Saver Module
81 Outdoor Temperature
82 Temperature
83 Temperature Alarm
84 Humidity
85 Extended Range Outdoor Temperature
86 Extended Range Temperature
87 Extended Range Temperature Alarm

Presumably entry/exit are obviously alarm style zones. But, in terms of auto-configuration, what others should be put into that category? Would it just e any that have 'alarm' in the name? Does the standard set of zone statuses (ready, not-ready, violated) apply to all of those or only some of them?

Unfortunately there appears to be no way to determine if a unit that is one of the lighting types is a dimmer or a binary switch. That would be very useful for auto-configuration, but I don't think it's available. For now, I'll assume dimmer initially and the user will just have to configure any that aren't.

Is there any useful auto-configuration info that can be garnered from the reported unit types?

Quote:1. Standard
2 Extended
3 Compose
4 UPB
5 HLC Room
6 HLC Load
7 Lumina Mode
8 RadioRA
9 CentraLite
10 ViziaRF Room
11 ViziaRF Load
12 Flag
13 Output
14 Audio Zone
15 Audio Source

Obviously flag is one that I treat specially since that's a supported unit type already, along with binary and dimmer. Audio ones we'd just ignore for now (for auto-configuration purposes) since we don't have any way of dealing with those. My best guess so far was to take the non-room ones in the first 11 and assume dimmers. Flag for flag, and for Output make it binary.
Dean Roddey
First - Sorry for the crosspost. I saw the post in the beta section prior to this one. I answered most of your questions with that post and have expanded that post here. I will delete the other post.

1. What zone types actually need the analog loop value? All zones if you are monitoring for tamper with resistors. You can set the panel up to use or to NOT use resistors. The panel uses the return value to analyse the resistance value which protects the wire going to the device. Otherwise it is just used for trip or not. In residential settings, many turn off the wire and device protection

2. What zone types constitute alarm type zones, i.e. things that would actually need a zone status and should send out zone status triggers?
3. What zone type represents a motion detector? Is it the 'auxiliary' type?

Presumably entry/exit are obviously alarm style zones. But, in terms of auto-configuration, what others should be put into that category? Would it just e any that have 'alarm' in the name? Does the standard set of zone statuses (ready, not-ready, violated) apply to all of those or only some of them?

[COLOR="Blue"]A motion zone is typically set up as an Auxiliary, Away Int, or Night Int depending on the desired result. With Away or Night, they actually trip an alarm when faulted if the alarm is set to either Away or Night accordingly. Always a problem with HAI has been the ability of identifying a "Motion Detector". HAI always considered these devices as just another alarm point. The difference is in what zone type you assign to that point.

I use my motions for occupancy and for "Follow me lighting" at night and thus mine are all set at Auxiliary. They do not trip an alarm and are not dependent on alarm panel status.

An alarm is an Entry/Exit zone, but also a Fire zone (Smokes, Gas, CO2, Heat), Window, Glass Break, Tamper and several others like water flow sensors, water leak sensors and such. An alarm can also be a Low Temperature for monitoring of freeze conditions and so on.

My primary zone types are as follows;

Fire (as above - instant alarm and always set)
Tamper (trip switch on an exterior horn strobe or alarm panel door)
Entry/Exit (Garage Door, Front Door with delay)
Perimeter (All windows and doors that get set when alarm is set with no delay)
Auxiliary (As above - Not for alarm)

I also have some that are Away Int just so I do not set off my own alarm when putting to dog out or areas like the motion detector in the garage.

The two items I would like to see would be a "Fire" type so that you can easily segregate those types from the others and an "Auxiliary" type as above.

Unfortunately or fortunately, HAI is very flexible and many of the zone types can be for alarm. Types "0" through "56" are typically setup as some type of alarm[/COLOR]

Unfortunately there appears to be no way to determine if a unit that is one of the lighting types is a dimmer or a binary switch. That would be very useful for auto-configuration, but I don't think it's available. For now, I'll assume dimmer initially and the user will just have to configure any that aren't. Correct - I do not think that you can determine this with the current HAI API.

Is there any useful auto-configuration info that can be garnered from the reported unit types? No really as each unit type has a slightly different command set available. I do not know if you want to configure anyt of that on the CQC side or not.

Obviously flag is one that I treat specially since that's a supported unit type already, along with binary and dimmer. Audio ones we'd just ignore for now (for auto-configuration purposes) since we don't have any way of dealing with those. My best guess so far was to take the non-room ones in the first 11 and assume dimmers. Flag for flag, and for Output make it binary.

Yes - That will work well. Maybe we can expand into the audio later as it is fairly feature rich via the api
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Dean Roddey Wrote:Oh well, apparently can't download PC access. Anybody know how to rename the areas from the console? Well, I seem to have figured that out as well. When I changed the area number to 2 I could suddenly name them, or maybe I just hadn't found that particular submenu before.

You must have "Dealer PC Access" to rename Area 1. That was only available to dealers after they took a training course. You may have located an unintended work around.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
I forgot to bookmark the developer web site, and now I can't find it again to save my life. Anyone know the URL for that?
Dean Roddey
Dean - I lost my access when Leviton changed the site to there servers. I will search around.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Found It on Cac00ns site,

http://homeauto.com/login/login.asp

My ID still works (for now)
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
OK, thanks. I bookmarked it this time.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iTunes Setup barbourm 12 4,125 01-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Server hardware question rhosch 3 2,119 10-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: rhosch
  Basic Z Wave/CQC Integration Question MikeW 6 3,694 12-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MikeW
  event and subsequent countdown timer question dogman 9 5,060 05-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Last Post: dogman
  webriva template question lleo 21 11,344 01-08-2018, 08:53 AM
  Tivo control question MikeA 21 12,110 12-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Last Post: dogman
  Modifying autogen thermostat setup for RCS royalj7 5 3,405 09-18-2015, 01:34 PM
  Question on Hue and Lux driver Deane Johnson 5 3,294 05-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  CQC web Server Question SomeWhatLost 14 7,733 05-13-2015, 07:45 PM
  IR code / Global Cache question ControlFreak 11 8,482 11-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Last Post: MikeA