Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Sonos Owners
Bring up the action trace and see what gets put into the variable. And I assume you have some playlists created, right?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:Bring up the action trace and see what gets put into the variable. And I assume you have some playlists created, right?
Looks like I was not getting any data as I didn't have any "Sonos Playlists" created.

wuench is correct. I get data on the "Sonos Playlists" after I created them but not on other music sources stations(Pandora,Spotify, iHeartRadio,etc).

I downloaded the Intel device spy for UPnP and it looks like the "Sonos Favorites" are exposed. (Favorites and Presets /Favorites). You can add Padora , Iheart Radio, and Spotify stations to "Sonos Favorites". That would be a great work around.

Any chance on adding an option or another call to get the "Sonos Favorites"
as it seems to now call just return "Sonos Playlists"

[Image: Sonos%20UPnP.jpg]
I'm working on it now. Basically there'll be a new InvokeCmd field command like:

PlayFavorite : [channel name]

It basically has to browse FV:2 in the content directory, get back the resulting XML, parse it and look for the indicated channel name. Once it has it, that gives it the URI and the DIDL metadata for the channel (which I think may have been an issue in our previous experiments because it includes some user id and stuff like that.)

In theory it should then be possible to paste that back in to the SetAVTransportURI command. If you want to try it do something like:

1. Do a Browse command on the content directory service of the Sonos, using FV:2 as the object, dc:title,res as the filter, and set the count to something large enough to get them all. Indicate BrowseDirectChildren in the flags.

2. Look at the resulting output. Find the <item> element for the station, by the dc:title element. There will be a <res> tag the text of which is the URI. And there will be a DIDL-Lite child element that has the metadata. Cut out the DIDL-Lite part and the URI text and paste them back to the SetAVTransportURI command and see if you can start up the station. You may have to 'un-escape' the DIDL-Lite stuff. Copy it to notepad and replace the &quot;, &amp&, &gt;, and &lt; character references with their actual characters.

It works for me for Pandora, but of course we could already do that one. So it would be nice to know this works for things like Sirius before I do all of the work.
Dean Roddey
Dean, Sirius has a 30 day free trial that does not ask for a CC. i signed up for it the other day to see what it was all about and it worked fine with Sonos.

Maybe you can sign up so you have a platform for testing.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
OK, I'll give that a try. I have the new stuff working for Pandora, so it's working in terms of the basic functionality, but we could already do Pandora so that might not mean anything.
Dean Roddey
OK, it works. I just added a Sirius station to my favorites and started it playing via the new command.
Dean Roddey
Wow.
The new InvokeCmd PlayFavorite : [channel name] Works great!!!

Tested Pandora, Iheartradio, Spotify, local Albums,

Let me know if there is a easier way to do this but this seems to work flawlessly:
For regular radio stations like Pandora,iHeartradio
[Image: Pandoraplay.png]

For queued sources like Spotify and local Albums
(looks like I needed to set back to using queue by"SetTransURI : "x-rincon-queue:RINCON_xxxx#0","","","","","""
[Image: spotifyplay.png]

Thanks again
Kevin
You shouldn't need the SetTransURI for that. If you clear the queue and do the play Favorite, then issue play, it should work. When you do the PlayFavorite, you should see all of the items in that playlist queued up in your queue. THen play should start playing them.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:You shouldn't need the SetTransURI for that. If you clear the queue and do the play Favorite, then issue play, it should work. When you do the PlayFavorite, you should see all of the items in that playlist queued up in your queue. THen play should start playing them.

That does not seem to work for me. If I have 2 command buttons. One for Pandora station and one for Spotify playlist. If I am playing Pandora, I clear queue, PlayFavorate,then play... I see the items get added to playlist queue but it keeps on playing Pandora. (says Queue Not in use above the playlist queue on Sonos screen). Almost like you need to tell it to switch to start playing from the queue(by using SetTransURI)
yeah, i posted in the 4.7.x thread on this as well.

you have to set the avtransport back to the queue if youre coming from an input/SPDIF or something streaming. i noticed it when testing it out with my playbar.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sonos TTS potts.mike 47 18,264 01-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Remote Control Question gReatAutomation 8 6,839 07-15-2019, 11:33 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  New Sonos amp Dean Roddey 3 10,784 09-06-2018, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Sonos going public? Dean Roddey 0 3,420 07-07-2018, 10:08 PM
  Scheduling next webinar (Sonos/TTS) IVB 6 4,819 02-04-2018, 10:51 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Question on CQC / WSE 2016 / Port 443 kblagron 3 5,502 11-15-2017, 09:06 PM
  Uverse and Sonos kblagron 5 4,941 01-20-2017, 11:29 AM
  Lutron adds support for Alexa and Sonos ControlFreak 2 3,988 12-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Last Post: dgage
  Sonos opens its platform to Spotify Connect and Amazon's Alexa batwater 14 8,796 09-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  CQC Media Repo - Sonos potts.mike 15 7,483 03-10-2016, 12:28 PM