Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help troubleshooting new installation : Nuvo GC and Clipsal C-bus
I am currently in the process of assessing whether I can use CQC to integrate various systems in my home. I am new to CQC and I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction to troubleshoot some initial issues I am running into.

CQC is running on a Windows 2012 server.

The following drivers are installed:
• CQC Device simulator.
• Tivo
• Nuvo Grand Concerto IP
• C-Bus (Martin McCreesh’s IP driver V0.4)

The device simulator and the Tivo drivers work perfectly. The fact that the Tivo driver is working indicates that CQC is able to establish an IP connection through the server firewall.

Nuvo GC

The Nuvo Grand Concerto IP driver is stuck and reports ├ó┬Ç┬£Wait for Comm resource├ó┬Ç┬Ø The driver doesn├ó┬Ç┬Öt generate any log so I don't have more information. I assume CQC connects to Nuvo through its ports 5004 and 5006 and I have verified that I can telnet to those ports from the same machine.

C-Bus

The C-Bus driver indicates it is stuck in the ├ó┬Ç┬£wait for connect├ó┬Ç┬Ø state and reports the following message in the log:

CQCGenDrvS, MEng.User.CQC.Drivers.CBus_CGate.DriverImpl.382, Status/App Status Exception in Connect(), ErrorText=Connect operation failed. Tried to connect to: ::1:20023 [The operation is not supported]

The CGate service runs on the same machine as CQC and I know it operates normally. I am able to telnet to Cgate using the address locasthost:20023 , which is the one CQC uses.

Let me know if you have any insight for me.
On the C-Gate, the problem may be that you are getting an IPV6 address (::1:20023) and C-Gate may not listen on IPV6. If it doesn't, then the driver's manifest file should be updated to prevent it from accepting V6 addresses. Try this:

1. Go to the master server, in [cqc]\CQCData\DataServer\Manifests\User
2. The manifest file for the C-Bus should be in there. Open it in Notepad or some such.
3. There will be a section that controls the connection characteristics of the driver. You can add a line that will limit the driver to only getting V4 addresses. Here is an example:

Code:
<CQCCfg:ConnCfg CQCCfg:Editable="True">
        <CQCCfg:IPConn  CQCCfg:Port="4769"
                        CQCCfg:AddrType="IPV4"
                        CQCCfg:SockProto="SockProto_TCP"/>

So slip that line:

CQCCfg:AddrType="IPV4"

Into the connection configuration of the C-Gate manifest. Save it, then restart the machine, or cycle the CQC service. This will cause the change to be seen by the driver when it reloads (I'm assuming that the driver is only the master server, else also subsequently cycle the machine where the driver is running, after you do the MS.) See if that doesn't make it happy.

If so, then we can modify the driver pack in that thread to include this change. When that driver was written, support for IPV6 didn't exist, so it wouldn't have known to include such a thing.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nuvo Grand Concerto V2 & MusicPort (NV-MP) avtexan 16 5,432 08-15-2019, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC server machine died. Trying to restore installation. AceCannon 1 2,495 04-29-2017, 11:15 AM
  Installation Error - dll missing znelbok 1 2,580 04-14-2017, 01:35 PM
  Installation error, missing file George M 1 2,565 10-23-2016, 04:31 PM
  Installation Issues with CQC 4.7.1 and WHS V1 kblagron 2 2,524 05-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Whole house announcements with Nuvo & TTS Sendero 6 3,866 02-05-2015, 05:35 PM
  ZWave Installation Help jkmonroe 12 6,198 01-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Installation option Andre 2 2,232 11-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Andre
  Silent Installation wuench 23 6,953 02-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Last Post: wuench
  installation failed on win7 ult x64, known issue? js19707 8 4,265 04-24-2012, 11:35 PM