Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes via Tray?
I hooked up the iTunes Repo driver and am using the tray monitor doo-hickey, but for some reason the tray monitor is reporting that the *vast* majority of my iTunes media is 'ignored'.

2125 Ignored
435 Loaded

All of the media plays, the paths are correct for the files (UNC), so I am confused as to why most is being ignored. Does the iTunes Repo work for tv/movie files?

I have 842 Songs, 1300 TV Episodes, and 205 Movies.
It's currently music only. If it's ignoring any songs, it would be for reasons like the album title or track name isn't set, it has no track number so it doesn't know where to put it in the track list for the collection, it's not a music file. It's not uncommon for iTunes not to set the album title, as is the case for other music managers that are just really loose collections of track files ultimately. So make sure that they are set. Otherwise, the driver doesn't know how to group the tracks into albums.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Oooh, OK. That makes a lot more sense now. Some of the music probably hasn't been downloaded on that machine from iCloud, so that could be an accurate #.

Is there going to be TV and Movie support for the future?
I could do that, though it would have to be probably a mid-next year thing, give the other stuff on the plate right now.
Dean Roddey
I would vote for it, but I don't know how many folks use iTunes as a repo. I think it would be useful in media selection from CQC, as well as kicking off certain 'scenes' or 'actions'. It would be really handy if we could figure out a way to let CQC control/use AirPlay to send the videos to an AppleTV.
I guess the use of iTunes is mostly music. If so, most folks wouldn't miss it not supporting video content, and I haven't heard a lot of calls for it. Maybe it's support for non-music was weak in the past or something, I dunno.
Dean Roddey
Just a thought - Add the ability to utilize the radio streaming portion of iTunes to the driver and it would fill the gap of not currently having an internet streaming driver.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
DaveB Wrote:Just a thought - Add the ability to utilize the radio streaming portion of iTunes to the driver and it would fill the gap of not currently having an internet streaming driver.
Dave...are you saying that you are able to stream iTunes radio?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tray icon keeps disappearing MikeA 64 20,909 12-14-2019, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  iTunes breakup Mark Stega 1 931 06-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  iTunes tracks issues DaveB 12 5,912 06-05-2016, 04:47 AM
Last Post: DaveB
  Tray Monitor hangs/crashes out of sleep mode Bugman 5 2,838 01-18-2016, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  Tray Application issue Bugman 4 2,764 03-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  Reinstall Tray Monitor for Itunes Support CMorrow 1 2,214 12-18-2013, 10:54 AM
  Tray Monitor zra 35 8,083 04-27-2013, 11:17 AM
  ITunes Repo and Remote Player DaveB 23 4,752 03-06-2013, 06:32 PM
  Anyone using the Tray Monitor on XP? Dean Roddey 15 5,389 01-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Itunes Control zra 8 2,821 01-01-2013, 06:13 PM