Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a Valid Zone Number for Blaster
I created a device model for an Epson 9700UB projector. However, when I use the Invoke command on the Blaster tab, an error occurs with the following details:

- "4294967295 is not a valid zone number for blaster EpsonProj
- Facility: CQCIR
- Error #: 800/0/0
- Severity: Failed
- Error Class: Cannot Do
- Line: GC100S_DriverImpl.cpp/490

I tried to change the zone to 1 which I believe is the only valid value for a blaster. However, I can't change the zone number on the Blaster tab.
Which IR blaster driver are you using?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
The GC-100 version 1.2 driver.
I assume you only have one zone enabled on the GC-100 for blasting? If so, that's probably why you can't change the zone, because there's only one blaster zone defined, so it has to be 1. If so, it must be not dealing correctly with only one blaster zone being defined, and I can take a look at that.
Dean Roddey
I'm using an iTach Flex. On its Flex Link Port Configuration page I set Blaster Connected to True in the Single IR Emitter section. When I set up the CQC driver, I specified the IP address of the Flex, port 4998, and TCP protocol.

Thanks for looking into this.
OK, so it only had one zone anyway, so that would get you to the same place as I was mentioning above.

I assume the actual blasting from the driver does work, right? I.e. it's an issue testing them from the blaster tab?
Dean Roddey
I just noticed something strange while editing my device model. I created a new device model and within it created two commands. I edited a command, pasted the IR code, and pressed Accept. However, when I edit the command again the Blaster Training dialog box is empty. The radio button "Enter data manually" is selected.

I've also pressed Save in the "Create/Edit a Device Model" dialog box and then pressed Edit in the Blaster tab with the same results.

Am I doing something wrong when creating a device model?
The Epson VP21 Serial Driver is a generic serial driver for all Epson projectors using the VP21 serial protocol. That might be a better option than IR control.

If you need different inputs, colormodes, etc. You can create a new profile in the drivers manifest file for your specific projector.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Thanks, I may go that route if I can't get the IR driver to work. For control all I really need is on/off since I don't change the color mode or other options.
Jnetto Wrote:I just noticed something strange while editing my device model. I created a new device model and within it created two commands. I edited a command, pasted the IR code, and pressed Accept. However, when I edit the command again the Blaster Training dialog box is empty. The radio button "Enter data manually" is selected.

I've also pressed Save in the "Create/Edit a Device Model" dialog box and then pressed Edit in the Blaster tab with the same results.

Am I doing something wrong when creating a device model?

I think the assumption there is that you are going to paste new data if you edit a command for a blaster that doesn't support interactive training (i.e. you have to paste in command data.) I.e. there's no point in retrieving and displaying the old stuff because it's too complex for anyone to just edit the existing stuff, that they would always just paste new stuff in.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Week Number RTV znelbok 1 334 10-22-2019, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Sonos Zone Player - Win10 zra 9 1,353 09-26-2019, 10:00 AM
Last Post: zra
  Using Harmony Hub as IR blaster tom 8 2,045 01-01-2019, 06:30 PM
  Generate Random Number in a Trigger batwater 1 1,111 12-10-2017, 12:43 PM
  Sonos Zone Player V2? karenlee 36 13,803 03-26-2017, 09:38 AM
  Possible to suspend an ELK zone via a command? ghurty 4 2,383 03-24-2017, 04:59 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Is there a way to bypass a Elk M1 zone via InvokeCMD? ghurty 1 1,478 02-16-2017, 10:08 AM
  Zone list in ELKv2 driver George M 7 4,306 01-02-2017, 11:19 AM
  A question of the Monoprice Multi-zone 6 and CQC integration ghurty 8 3,432 07-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Last Post: zra
  ELK Not Ready Zone zra 1 1,259 10-29-2015, 05:03 PM