Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfering a CQC Variable Driver
I have moved a fully configured CQC Var driver onto a new system using the CQCExtractDrvFlds utility and the Import function in the administer client drivers box. All is fine except that the Triggers on some fields are not transferred, neither are the current values in two persistent String List fields.

If this as it should be or is there a bug. I am on 4_4_901

PJG
Triggers are not part of the driver configuration itself. That would require that every driver understand how to save and load them as part of its own configuration. So the triggers are stored separately, and the field export utility wouldn't know anything about them. I guess it could, but it currently doesn't make any attempt to export and re-import those.

In theory the persistent values are exported as current field values and made the defaults when you import them back into a new one. If it only failed on string lists, then probably it's an issue just with that type of field and I'll look that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:In theory the persistent values are exported as current field values and made the defaults when you import them back into a new one. If it only failed on string lists, then probably it's an issue just with that type of field and I'll look that.

I have just found that some persistent fields which are Card4 and Float8 have also not been saved and loaded so I guess it may be a more general issue. From reading the documentation, I got the impression that all current, default and persistent values are saved so that it becomes an exact copy of the current state of the driver fields. If this is really what is intended, then it is not working correctly.

PJG
Did you indicate you wanted current field values to be included in the field dump? If not, the ones that stayed the same may have just been accidental because they were already at their default default values (e.g. zero for numbers.) If you indicated you wanted to copy current values, then they should have all been restored.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Sorry - I did not see the /DumpValues parameter when I read the page. Itwould stand out a bit more if you documented it as part of the command line and in the same font

CQCEXtractDrvFlds /List=Lighting,Logic,Security /DumpValues

PJG

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 510 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Variable Action "Find" command or alternate Shaky 3 524 11-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 569 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 996 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,984 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,084 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Dynamically Build Call to Variable? gReatAutomation 8 2,146 05-08-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,672 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,239 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,284 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM